Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, September 28 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, September 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The manager will need to manage all tax matters of the company. He will be required to control all taxation compliance, ensure timely payment of tax due, and reduce risk to business from penalties and interests as a result of non-compliance to tha Applicable tax laws in Tanzania. He will also make sure that tax returns filed to the revenue Authorities; Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) and Zanzibar Revenue Authority (ZRA) and other relevant bodies are prepared correctly and submitted as per set standards and timing. The manager will also need to implement policies and procedures to effectively manage the tax position of the company at any given time throughout the month and annually and to advise the management in all tax related matters and new provisions imposed by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania that have effects in tax related matters. The manager needs to be build a good relationship with Authorities’ (TRA & ZRA) Tax auditors and assessors, tax consultants and external auditors.
• Drive automation of various tax processes within tax function.
• Compile and maintain financial models to be used for the tax computations and tax payments. Implement measures to manage the risk of penalties and interests as a results of non- compliance
• Propose, review and implement tax management policies and procedures
• Review all tax returns, computations and payments
• Manage relationships with TRA, Tax Consultants and tax lawyers
• Perform monthly turnover reconciliation of VAT and Excise duty.
• Perform Balance Sheet Reconciliation in line with the given standards and timelines.
• Coordinate and ensure timely submission of monthly group schedules and tax reports.
• Monthly tax accounting (current tax provisioning and deferred tax accounting)
• Perform a regular tax health check to identify possible risk and opportunities.
• Liaise with the Group Tax on a regular basis.
Competencies, Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of five years’ experience in a financial and tax role
• Telecommunication industry experience advantageous
• Thorough understanding of the theory of the tax function
• Strong computer literacy especially Advance Microsoft Excel skills
• Financial policies, procedures and systems
• To be up to date with the latest legislation governing the tax function
• Analytical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to network with other players in the market
• College or University graduate with a degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
• CPA (T), ACCA or specific tax qualification will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.