Teacher III B (English Language)
Jobs at:The Dar Es Salaam University College Of Education (Duce)
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, July 13 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 11 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Dar es Salaam University College of Education is a Constituent College of the University of Dar es Salaam established in 2005. The main functions of the College, as stipulated in the Dar es Salaam University College of Education Charter and the Rules of 2010, are to provide integrated teaching, research and public service.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To set and mark students’ examinations; ii. To assess the progress results of the students; iii. To prepare and keep records of the continuous assessment of the students; iv. To monitor student's examination;
• To prepare and assist in maintaining proper storage of students' performance records; vi. To prepare examination's time table and allocation of rooms; and
• To perform any other duties related to his or her work as assigned by his or her supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
• Holder of Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (Form 6) and Diploma in Education majoring in English subject from a recognized Institutions.
SALARY SCALE: PSTS 2.1
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service and where specified;
ii. People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in the portal for Public Service Recruitment Secretariat attention;
iii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
iv. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
v. Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
• Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective
Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
• Birth certificate;
vi. Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
• Form IV and form VI results slips;
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
vii. An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
viii. An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
ix. An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
x. An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
xi. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
xii. Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National
Council for Technical Education (NACTE); xiii. An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
xiv. A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and
Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma – Dr. Asha Rose Migiro Buildings - Dodoma.
xv. Deadline for application is 13th July, 2023;
xvi. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
xvii. Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.