Jobs at:Precision Air
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, November 08 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 31 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Role Purpose Statement:
• Purpose of the Role The treasury accountant is primarily responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the reported balances for all the business bank accounts. This involves ensuring that all transactions are processed according to approved standards and laid down company procedures; safeguarding business working capital by enforcing controls; meeting daily, weekly and monthly deadlines for treasury reporting to management.
• Reconcile treasury general Ledger accounts weekly, investigate and clear all unreconciling items promptly.
• Ensuring all postings are accurate hence representing a true and fair picture of all bank accounts.
• Perform the mark to market of the company foreign exchange bank accounts daily so as to realize the revaluation loss and gain and its trend on daily basis.
• Ensuring accurate and timely recording of all in-coming and outgoing funds for the business. Posting and allocating receipts by Cash or Cheque on Accounts Receivable; Updating the General Ledger with transactions on the bank statement on a daily basis; Investigating and clearing any unknown receipts paid into the current account; Updating and matching the Accounts payable ledger with direct debit payments made out of the account; Updating and matching the payables ledger with manual payments made (payments made outside normal payment run cycles).
• On a monthly basis accrue for interest income/Expenses and reconcile to actual received/Paid for purposes of ensuring the airline does not lose out on interest received/Paid as forecasted
• Prepare various periodic treasury reports for purposes of identifying financial position of the company
• Reviewing and initiate payment requests to suppliers to ensure accuracy and validity to prevent loss of funds.
• Review all company loan accounts and ensure correct entries are passed to reflect the actual balance.
• Ensuring outstation /GSAs sales clearly posted and receipted as par SLA to avoid cash flow constraints
• Reconciliations of all current accounts and other receipts control accounts Daily Bank
• Reconciliations of main current account; confirming sales channel receipts to Control account and subsequently reconciling them to the bank statement.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Treasury Manager
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized institution.
• Must possess accounting qualification i.e. CPA is added advantage.
• Minimum of 3years’ experience in Finance, preferably 2 years working within a Treasury function.
• Proficient in use of financial accounting system with a bias to competency in working airline accounting systems.
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills as well as excellent communication skills.
• Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations with resilience, calmly and effectively.
• Must be a person of unquestionable integrity.
• 3.0 Year(s)
Job closing date: 08-Nov-2023
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.