- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST
Deadline of this Job:
9th October 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To administer and manage all financial aspects of project including: preparation and control of the budget, documentation of all receipts and payments, assets and liabilities and safe custody of security documents; and preparation of financial statements and reports.
• Facilitate preparation, review and submission of the annual operation plan/ budget of grants projects in line with donor requirements.
• Review and advice on all proposal budgets preparation with respect to compliance issues for all the funding sources.
• Budgetary Management and Monitoring – Analysis of spending against budgets for all Grant Project and addressing variances, Monitoring of budgets and pipeline for grants and advising Project management accordingly.
• Audit Performance – Coordination of all Grants audits i.e. (Internal audit, external audit, Donor Audits), ensure that responses to audit reports are done as per policy, that all previous years audit recommendations are implemented timely and that Project attains acceptable audit results across all Grants.
• Ensure mechanisms are in place for review of all Grants payment documents to ensure proper expense allocation to grants. In addition work closely with Procurement Unit team to ensure that special grant requirements are met in the procurement process as detailed in the financial and disbursement Manual.
• Conduct joint meeting with Programs staff for updating on financial and operation matters.
• Maintain effective communication with project management and other stakeholders on all Grants Financial Issues including continuous follow ups on Budget commitments.
• Coordinate grants management trainings for finance and non -staff.
• Coordination with other grant Finance staff to ensure that accurate grants reports are prepared and sent to the WISE-future project managers on a timely basis.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Minimum Qualification required:
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or any other related discipline.
• Experience: at least 1 year in Accounting related discipline
• Preferred: CPA/ACCA/CA holder
• Master Degree in Accounting/Finance is an added advantage
Technical Skills & Abilities:
• ETxcellent computer skills in Excel & EPICOR and QUICK BOOK software.
• Experience in managing donor funds
• Working knowledge of Sponsorship and Grants operations, finance services and practices is an added advantage.
• Good Analytical skills necessary
• For this position project management skills is desirable
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: + Years
Job application procedure
pplications should be sent by either e-mail or via post address and should be
Deputy Vice Chancellor,
Planning, Finance and Administration
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology,
P.O. Box 447,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through their addresses/telephone/e-mails.
For more information please visit the NM-AIST website: http://www.wisefutures.ac.tz/