- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:International Executive Service Corps - IESC
Deadline of this Job:
21st May 2019
Date Posted: 15th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Tanzania Enabling Growth through Investment and Enterprise Program (ENGINE) is a four-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future activity that aims to streamline and enhance many of the regulatory, informational and financial channels that encourage domestic and foreign investment in the southern mainland agricultural regions of Mbeya, Morogoro, and Iringa, and in Zanzibar.
ENGINE works at the district level, using a broad-based approach to engage with district Local Government Authorities (LGAs), private sector associations, business development service providers (BDSPs), financial institutions and small and medium enterprises. The program’s activities are divided into three main components:
Implement policies for growth. Build the capacity of the private sector to effectively dialogue with the government to set the policy agenda and improve the capacity of the public sector to implement policies.
Equip businesses for growth. Strengthen SME capacity and foster the growth and capacity of a sustainable market for business development services (BDS) in Tanzania.
Access to finance for growth. Broaden access to finance for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), especially women and youth entrepreneurs and those working within agricultural value chains, to facilitate increased investment and growth.
The ENGINE Program BDS component is currently working with 114 BDSPs in the mainland regions of Mbeya, Iringa, Morogoro and in Zanzibar. One of the frequently required services by many MSMEs is support from BDSPs in business formalization and compliance procedures. Unfortunately, a majority of the BDSPs are not conversant with the required processes regarding business formalization and compliance. It is against this background that the ENGINE Program is seeking the services of an experienced consultant to assist BDSPs to compile a full package of business formalization procedures, applicable in Tanzania. The increased knowledge of BDSPs on legal and regulatory requirements for business formalization will reduce the time and cost associated with formalization services and therefore attract numerous SMEs to purchase the service.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The main objective of this assignment is to build capacity of BDSPs in Morogoro, Iringa, and Mbeya to understand the requirements of business formalization and compliance procedures applicable in Tanzania in order to improve their services to MSMEs. The consultant will compile and present to BDSPs a systematic review of the required steps involved in business formalization and compliance, with a timeline and associated costs for different sectors, and each of the steps.
The Consultant will complete the following tasks:
• Attend an orientation meeting with ENGINE Program Component 2 staff in Dar es Salaam at ENGINE offices.
• Through desk research and interviews with key government institutions responsible for business formalization and regulation, compile a full package of requirements for MSMEs in formalization and compliance procedures, noting all the required steps, including costs and approximate time to complete.
• Accompanied by relevant ENGINE staff, present the full package of business formalization requirements to ENGINE staff in each of the three regions of Morogoro, Iringa and Mbeya.
• Write a Final Report summarizing findings, conclusions and recommendations related to the assignment, as well as challenges and recommended solutions;
• Provide an exit debriefing to ENGINE program staff and soft copy in MS WORD.
The Consultant will submit the following deliverables:
• A full package of business formalization and compliance requirements and associated costs and timelines for each step for SMEs applicable in Tanzania.
• List and contacts of institutions involved in business formalization and compliance issues, including emails and telephone contacts.
• A draft outline of the report after one week for review and approval by ENGINE Senior staff after one week of the anticipated three-week assignment.
• Hold a half-day workshop in each of the three mainland Regions of Morogoro, Iringa and Mbeya to present the final report to selected BDSP’s to be selected and invited by ENGINE Senior Staff.
The Consultant will submit a Final Assignment Report to the ENGINE Program that includes the following sections:
• Findings, Conclusions, and Recommendations related to BDS Provider meeting in Dar with selected BDSP’s and ENGINE staff.
• Discussion of assignment objectives and how they were met or why they were not met.
Job Skills: Not Specified
The ideal Business Formalization and Compliance Consultant will have the following skills and qualifications:
• 5+ years of experience working with Business Development Service Providers, particularly those who provide services to micro, small and medium enterprises.
• Knowledge of Tanzanian Authorities requirements in business formation, registration, licensing, and compliance procedures with appropriate credentials.
• Knowledge and experience of Business Development Service needs for SMEs in developing countries, especially sub-Saharan Africa is crucial.
• A proven track record in training, coaching or mentoring Business Development Service providers,
• Experience in stakeholder engagement, consultation, and facilitation;
• Be a Tanzanian Citizen with appropriate credentials.
• Well-developed writing skills in English and the ability to express one’s self clearly and concisely;
• University degree in entrepreneurship, business administration, economics, or another relevant field;
• Training skills, including participatory training in group settings. Training and consultation experience utilizing a translator or interpreter is an added plus;
• Self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, mature, professional team player, who is a strong people person and communicator, with good inter-personal skills;
• Ability to address issues, challenges, questions, and concerns in a professional, respectful, logical, and timely manner;
• Works well in a multi-cultural setting;
• Good computer skills in MS Office.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: 5+year
Job application procedure
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Submit Technical and financial proposal to ENGINE at firstname.lastname@example.org before May 21st, 2019, the deadline specified in this solicitation. A proposal should include the following:
1.Detailed CV with past similar experience or Company Profile with legal and contact name.
2.Submit technical and fixed prize financial proposal
3.Three names and contacts of your previous clients for reference check. The referees must be within the past 3 years.
4.State your availability over specified period.