- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Early Years’ Coordinator
Jobs at:Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKEST)
Deadline of this Job:
20th May 2019
Date Posted: 15th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES, T), is a private, not for profit, service company registered under the Companies Act and operates four schools in Tanzania. AKES, T vision is to provide accessible, world-class education, which prepares students to become self-confident, open-minded articulate and ethical young people with academic qualifications to enable them to make productive contributions to their own community and their wider society. It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world,
AKEST is looking to hire a qualified Early Years’ Coordinator, for the Aga Khan Nursery School, Dar es Salaam. The candidate will have to have a proven track record in leadership, strategic and financial planning and IB- PYP Educational administration.
The role will be based in Dar es Salaam.
• To coordinate, and ensure the growth and success of the Aga Khan Nursery, Dar es Salaam, as an IB Early Years, PYP School.
• To provide an appropriate Early Years learning environment, with reference to the IB-PYP standards and practises, where students have the opportunity to develop and grow intellectually, emotionally, physically and spiritually.
• To work collaboratively with staff and parents to set high expectations for all children and to ensure that they achieve their developmental potential through the IB-PYP and within the context of an Early Years setting..
• In collaboration with the AKNPS Head of School, continue to develop the IB-PYP curriculum in the Nursery section of AKNPS, ensuring equal access to an appropriately broad and balanced learning experience for all children.
• Be responsible for maintaining and delivering a vertically aligned curriculum that fully meets the developmental learning outcomes for the students.
• Provide mentoring, coaching and continuing professional learning opportunities as appropriate to meet staff collective and individual needs.
• Develop and maintain effective systems of programme planning, assessment record-keeping and reporting.
• Ensure high quality teaching and learning, supported by the principles of internationally accepted best practices in Early Childhood education, through a rigorous programme of monitoring and evaluation.
• Ensure the key performance indicators for the AKNPS Nursery sections are met annually.
• Set high expectations for guiding students’ achievement across all developmental milestones.
• Maintain effective systems for tracking students’ progress; monitor progress using ASQ3 annually.
• Ensure close parental and community involvement in the day-to-day life of the AKNPS Nursery section.
• Provide regular, informative communication between the AKNPS Nursery section and the home.
• Ensure that all regulatory requirements are followed and that the necessary supporting documents for all IB- PYP, ECD and Government Inspections, are available consistently and in a timely manner.
• Ensure that the equal opportunities policy is followed.
• Ensure that the AKNPS performace evaluation cycle is conducted for all Nursery section staff.
Organisation and Resources:
• Manage and monitor finance, material and human resources effectively and efficiently, with regard to the development plan and the key priorities of the Nursery section.
• Together with the AKNPS Head of School, be responsible for the day-to-day management of the annual budget for the Nursery section.
• Maximise the use of the buildings and facilities to promote effective teaching and learning.
• Ensure effective supervision and security of the Nursery section environment and ensure good maintenance though AKES, T policies and procedures.
• Ensure the health and safety of all children and adults whilst on the Nursery campus.
• Together with the AKNPS Leadership team, develop and monitor the school development plan, as it pertains to the Nursery Section.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Applicants should have the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Education from a reputable, accredited university;
• At least five years’ experience, with demonstrable achievements of leading a reputable Nursery international school; the experience and drive to lead an intense school improvement and change process and resilience when experiencing difficulties inherent in an emerging system;
• Proven track record in the effective and efficient management of fiscal and human resources;
• Experience with the International Baccalaureate Programme in an Early Years PYP setting;
• Excellent team-building skills, with proven experience in leading, motivating and empowering teams;
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Applications should include a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and names of three professional referees, emailed by 20th May, 2019 to:
The Human Resources Manager
Aga Khan Education Service Tanzania
P O Box 125
DAR ES SALAAM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.