- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Information and Communications Technology Officer
Jobs at:Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, February 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanian citizens are invited to apply
2. DIRECTOR GENERAL'S OFFICE
Post Title: Information and Communications Technology Officer
Post Title: Information and Communications Technology Officer Duty Station EWURA Head Office - Dodoma
Reports to: Senior Information and Communications Technology Officer
Information and Communications Technology Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the Authority's Information and Communications Technology systems are constantly maintained and work properly. .
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To advise Senior ICTO on matters related to users support.
• To support users on usage of new and existing computer systems as per existing Standard Operating Procedures.
• To install and test both hardware and software using realistic data to ensure the system produces specified outputs.
• To analyse the effectiveness of ICT hardware and prepare reports to recommend areas of improvement.
• To test for verification and validation of new or modified systems.
• To receive incidents from all EWURA staff and log them as per Standard Operating Procedures
• To analyse help desk activity and make recommendations for increased organisational efficiency and effectiveness.
• To respond to enquiries from clients and help them to resolve hardware or software problems.
• To maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
• To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
• To support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
• To maintain and update EWURA website.
• To prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly incident management reports to Senior ICTO.
• To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
• Possession of University degree or advanced diploma in computer science, information and communication technology or related field with significant competences in computer software applications, operating systems and networking.
• Possession of professional certification such as CISCO, CISA and CISM will be an added advantage.
• No prior work experience is required but possession of work experience in related field will be an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and transcripts (certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), Birth certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 28th February, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for an interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate's disadvantage. Application letter should be
The Director General, Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) 4th Floor, PSSSF House Makole Road,
P O Box 2857 DODOMA
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.