- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Spallanzani Action With Africa (SAWA)
Deadline of this Job:
27th May 2019
Date Posted: 15th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Background. Spallanzani Action With Africa - SAWA TANZANIA is a registered trustee, nonprofit organisation, established and incorporated under the Trustees Incorporation Act (Cap. 318 R.E.2002) with certificate of incorporation no. 5232 since 2015. SAWA TANZANIA aims at promoting health cooperation and translational research by pursuing activities of mutual solidarity, operating overall in collaboration with the public medical sector in the United Republic of Tanzania.
SAWA TANZANIA is based in Dodoma Region and focuses its actions in strengthening the health system, especially in the field of infectious diseases, with projects aimed to increase the quality of health services. SAWA TANZANIA also collaborates with the Italian National Institute for Infectious Diseases (based in Rome, Italy) to promote and conduct translational research in infectious diseases field in order to contribute to the empowerment of the health system, with positive impact on patients' outcome.
Duty Station: all 3 positions (Laboratory Technician, Medical Coordinator and Nursing Officer) will be located in Dodoma Regional Referral Hospital, Dodoma, Tanzania
SAWA TANZANIA is an equal opportunities employer and has its own Employment Conditions Scheme in Remuneration Overall goal of the job positions: support to the Decentralization of the management of Drug Resistant Tuberculosis in Dodoma Region, Tanzania (DETER-TB)
Laboratory Technician (1 post)
We are looking for a qualified Laboratory Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyse samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to the project management for 1 year, starting on July 2019..
Qualification and experience.
• Bachelor or Advanced Diploma in Laboratory, Biology or Medical science from any
recognised University or Institution plus registration by the Health Laboratory Practitioners Council.
• The ideal candidate will have 2 years' experience as Lab Technician or relevant position in working under possibly hazardous conditions (e.g. pathogens or chemicals)
• The applicant must have documented experience in molecular biology, including nucleic acids extraction and PCR amplification.
• Previous experience in advanced molecular techniques, such as real-time amplification NGS sequencing will be considered added advantage Excellent ability to orally communicate and to write in English is required.
• Computer knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems will be an added advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collection of biological samples and process up to test results, solving problems and writing reports.
• Implementation of laboratory molecular tests for diagnosis of tuberculosis.
• Registration of results in the databases and weekly/monthly report of activities. 4. The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor or Advanced Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Job application procedure
Deadline for application. Deadline for submission of application is 27 of May 2019.
All applications should be enclosed with relevant certified certificates and detailed curriculum vitae which indicate 3 referees' contacts.
Applicants are invited to indicate all contact information necessary in order to reach them easily. Application should be submitted to the address below (through email or postal).
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. In case you do not hear for us in two weeks time after the closing date, you can consider yourself unsuccessful.
P.O. BOX 11044, DODOMA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org