- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Personal Secretary II
Jobs at:Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Deadline of this Job:
27 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, February 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Republic Of Tanzania President’s Office Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/K/157 13th February, 2020
On behalf of The Universal Communications Service Access Fund (UCSAF) and Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 18 vacant posts as mentioned hereunder.
TANZANIA REVENUE AUTHORITY (TRA)
Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) was established under the Tanzania Revenue Authority Act No.11 0f 1995. The Authority is a semi-autonomous agency of the Government responsible for the administration of the Central Government taxes as well as several non-tax revenues. TRA is currently implementing its Firth Corporate Plan whose vision is to enhance voluntary tax compliance. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIILITIES
• Receive, interview and direct visitors accordingly;
• Prepare letters and various documents;
• Handle confidential and sensitive information;
• Ensure that working tools are in good order and the working environment is well maintained;
• Receive and make telephone calls;
• Maintain a register detailing records for incoming and outgoing mails and files;
• Communicate information by typing, sending and receiving emails/faxes;
• Keep diaries of events and make appointments for and on behalf of the designated officer;
• Organize and follow upon travel and related logistics for meetings, field visits, and any other programmes;
• Process, file, sort and retrieve information; and
• Perform any other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: Diploma in Secretarial Studies/Computer Studies or equivalent qualifications from recognised institution who have passed Shorthand (English) and Hati Mkato (Kiswahili) at a speed of 80 words per minute with computer knowledge in MS-Word, MS-Excel, Internet, Email, MS-Publisher from a recognized institution.
REMUNERATION: Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the institutions salary scale. TRAS
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates; o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
o Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
o Birth certificate.
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
o Form IV and form VI results slips;
o Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
• Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
• Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
• Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, 8 Kivukoni Road, P.O. Box 63100, 11102 Dar es Salaam.
• Deadline for application is 27th February, 2020
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.