- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Secretary To The Fund
Jobs at:Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Deadline of this Job:
27 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, February 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Republic Of Tanzania President’s Office Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/K/157 13th February, 2020
On behalf of The Universal Communications Service Access Fund (UCSAF) and Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 18 vacant posts as mentioned hereunder.
UNIVERSAL COMMUNICATIONS SERVICE ACCESS FUND
The Universal Communications Service Access Fund has been established under section 4 (1) of the Universal Communications Service Access Act No.11 of 2006, Cap 422, with the following objectives: -
• Ensure the availability of communication services in rural and urban under- served areas;
• Promote the participation of the public and private sector in the provision of universal service in the rural and urban under-served areas;
• Promote the socio-economic development of the rural and urban underserved areas; • Create a framework for an open and efficient access to and use of communication and service in production and availability of competitive market;
• Promote widespread provision of quality services at affordable rates and ensure that, rural and urban under-served areas have access to communication and information services at a reasonable and affordable prices; and
• Ensure availability of universal services by enhancing communications services access through private sector participation. .
Duties And Responsibilities
• Provide advisory services to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board in accordance to the Act establishing the Fund and relevant statutory provisions of the principal and subsidiary enactments relevant to the organizational operations;
• Monitor the implementation of the Board’s decisions with relevant reporting records;
• Render professional legal services to the Board including appearance to the courts to represent the Fund’s interest;
• Maintain the legal documents of the Board including the copies of contracts in which the Fund has interest and party to a given formal agreement;
• Maintain the proceedings of the meetings of the Board in a standard manner providing convenient retrieval of records for reference, implementation and follow -up;
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein; and
• Attend any other related functions as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree either in Law (LLM), International Business and Management or Business Administration;
• First degree in Law (LLB);
• Must be an advocate of the High Court of Tanzania; with
• At least (10) years of work experience, five of which must have been served in Senior Managerial Position in a reputable institution.
REMUNERATION: Attractive remuneration package in accordance with UCSAF remuneration policy.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates; o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
o Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
o Birth certificate.
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
o Form IV and form VI results slips;
o Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
• Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
• Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
• Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, 8 Kivukoni Road, P.O. Box 63100, 11102 Dar es Salaam.
• Deadline for application is 27th February, 2020
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.