- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Engineering Associate
Jobs at:Access to Energy Institute
Deadline of this Job:
26th June 2019
Date Posted: 12th June 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Join A2EI and push the boundaries of innovation for the off-grid sector!
We’re looking for a hard-working, analytical, creative, and passionate individual to serve as our Senior Engineering Associate at the Access to Energy Institute Lab based in Arusha, Tanzania. As Senior Engineering Associate, you’ll work closely with both our on-the-ground team and with our Berlin-based R&D team to design, prototype, and test new products.
Why should you be our Senior Engineering Associate?
• Hands-on Product Development
• As Senior Engineering Associate, you’ll work on the ground in the trenches of product development. You’ll help lead a small team to design and build quick-and-dirty prototypes to test assumptions, hack together and implement design changes on the fly, and bring product insights back to the lab for more R&D.
Move the needle and make a difference!
• Our sights are set on the biggest challenges in the off-grid sector, like replacing 20 million petrol generators with affordable and clean energy. Up for the challenge?
• Foster a team and help grow an organization!
• A2EI is less than a year old and we’re always looking for ways to grow. As Senior Engineering Associate, you’ll work and help lead a tight-knit team level up their product development skills. Think you can help us achieve more? We’re ready for your ambition.
See the world!
As Senior Engineering Associate, you might set-up of an agro-processing facility on the Tanzanian coast one week and spend the next installing data loggers on generators in Nigeria. You’ll spend a few months every year working with our R&D team in Berlin, but your home base will be in Arusha, starting point for some of Africa’s most iconic safari destinations like Mt. Kilimanjaro, the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, and Lake Natron.
About the Access to Energy Institute
The Access to Energy Institute (A2EI) is a newly founded non-profit R&D think tank that supports product development for the off-grid sector. With one R&D lab in Berlin, Germany and one customer research lab in Arusha, Tanzania, A2EI aims to be the place where off-grid innovation thrives. More info at www.A2EI.org.
What does the Access to Energy Institute do?
• Support innovators and entrepreneurs in the off-grid sector
• Conduct practical field research to understand user needs
• Conduct R&D and build impactful, user-friendly products
• Run field tests of new products to validate their appropriateness for market
• Work with industry stakeholders to bring great products to off-grid markets
Beware of Conmen: BrighterMonday does not receive money for a job or any other opportunity. If you do note such activity please report through [mobile number removed]
Senior Engineering Associate will design, prototype, and test new clean energy products
NEVER PAY TO HAVE YOUR CV/APPLICATION PUSHED FORWARD. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a scam. If you are requested to make a payment for any reason please report abuse using the button on this page. .
Your responsibilities as Senior Engineering Associate:
• Design, fabricate, and test working prototypes of new products. As the eyes, ears, and hands of the Berlin-based R&D team, you will ensure theory matches reality.
• Contribute to the development of new product designs by spending time working in both the Arusha-based lab and the Berlin-based R&D lab
• Support junior engineering associates in their professional development by helping to manage their project work
• Assist innovators and entrepreneurs with on-the-ground product development across sub-Saharan Africa
• Manage relationships with external stakeholders and partners such as academic institutions, private sector companies, and NGOs
Job Skills: Not Specified
Skills - Qualified candidates will possess the following:
• Excellent communication skills – must be able to work across cultures and adapt to wide range of communication styles
• Solution-oriented and pragmatic mindset – must be proactive about solving technical challenges while considering needs of customers and other stakeholders
• Ability to design and fabricate prototypes – must be able to design and fabricate functional prototypes. We want you to dream it and build it.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements:
• Professional experience in product design, R&D, or similar
• Professional experience related to electrical engineering
• Experience in prototype fabrication
• Experience with human-centered design practices
• Professional experience in the renewable energy sector
• Experience working in Tanzania and/or sub-Saharan Africa
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage project teams
• University degree relevant to product design and engineering
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Job application procedure
To apply for this job, please go to the following website