- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Research Associate
Jobs at:Access to Energy Institute
Deadline of this Job:
26th June 2019
Date Posted: 12th June 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Join A2EI and push the boundaries of innovation for the off-grid sector!
We’re looking for a hard-working, analytical, creative, and passionate individual to join our team as a Senior Research Associate at the Access to Energy Institute’s Lab based in Arusha, Tanzania. As Senior Research Associate, you’ll work closely with our on-the-ground team to conduct research on off-grid users to ensure sure we build impactful, user-friendly products.
Why should you be our Senior Research Associate?
• Make your research matter!
• At A2EI, we want our research to be actionable. As Senior Research Associate, you will conduct user and market research with the explicit intention of steering new product R&D. You won’t just tell us what’s out there – you’ll tell us what needs to come next.
• Move the needle and make a difference!
• Our sights are set on the biggest challenges in the off-grid sector, like replacing 20 million petrol generators with affordable and clean energy. Up for the challenge?
• Foster a team and help grow an organization!
• A2EI is less than a year old and we’re always looking for ways to grow. As Senior Research Associate, you’ll work and help a tight-knit team and level up our research skills. Think you can help us achieve more? We’re ready for your ambition.
See the world!
As Senior Research Associate, you might conduct field research at Lake Victoria one week and user research in the streets of Abuja the next. Meanwhile, your home base will be in Arusha, starting point for some of Africa’s most iconic safari destinations like Mt. Kilimanjaro, the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Natron, and Mt. Meru.
About the Access to Energy Institute
The Access to Energy Institute (A2EI) is a newly founded non-profit R&D think tank that supports product development for the off-grid sector. With one R&D lab in Berlin, Germany and one customer research lab in Arusha, Tanzania, A2EI aims to be the place where off-grid innovation thrives. More info at www.A2EI.org.
What does the Access to Energy Institute do?
• Support innovators and entrepreneurs in the off-grid sector
• Conduct practical field research to understand user needs
• Conduct R&D and build impactful, user-friendly products
• Run field tests of new products to validate their appropriateness for market
• Work with industry stakeholders to bring great products to off-grid markets
Beware of Conmen: BrighterMonday does not receive money for a job or any other opportunity. If you do note such activity please report through [mobile number removed]
Senior Research Associate will develop and conduct field research projects on off-grid interventions
NEVER PAY TO HAVE YOUR CV/APPLICATION PUSHED FORWARD. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a scam. If you are requested to make a payment for any reason please report abuse using the button on this page. .
Your responsibilities as Senior Research Associate:
• Develop, execute, and manage research projects focused on off-grid users. A2EI’s research focuses consists of field research with users to describe and frame opportunities, and M&E of new product pilots to validate hypotheses related to product desirability, feasibility, and viability
• Contribute to publication of high-quality research papers that are rigorous and present actionable insights for industry stakeholders
• Support junior research associates in their professional development and contribute to high standard of rigor across organization
• Assist innovators and entrepreneurs in conducting on-the-ground research across sub-Saharan Africa
• Manage relationships with external stakeholders and partners such as academic institutions, NGOs, and other partner research organizations
Job Skills: Not Specified
Skills - Qualified candidates will possess the following:
• Excellent communication skills – must be able to work across cultures and adapt to wide range of communication styles
• Detail-oriented and pragmatic working style – must be able to deliver research results at required level of rigor for practical usage, no more and no less
• Ability to manage research projects – must be able to manage research projects and ensure on-budget and on-time delivery of results
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements:
• Professional experience with data analysis and use of data analysis software
• Professional experience conducting field research: user research, project M&E, market research, or other social-science research
• Experience with human-centered design practices
• Professional experience in the renewable energy sector
• Experience working in Tanzania and/or sub-Saharan Africa
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage project teams
• University degree relevant to conducting product-related user and market research
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Job application procedure
To apply for this job, please go to the following website