- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Strategic Partnership Manager (Re-Advertised)
Jobs at:International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Deadline of this Job:
04 June 2020
Date Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB DETAILS: Requisition ID: req7710
Job Title: Strategic Partnership Manager (Re-Advertised)
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 28 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC is seeking a Strategic Partnership Manager for a five-year project, “PlayMatters”, funded by the LEGO Foundation. This position will be a part of the larger PlayMatters initiative to increase play-based learning opportunities for nearly 1 million pre-primary and primary school aged refugee and host community children impacted by the humanitarian crises in East Africa and living in Ethiopia, Uganda and Tanzania. This project aims to build children’s social, emotional, cognitive, physical and creative skills through play in their homes, schools, and communities and will be implemented in partnership with War Child, Plan International, Ubongo, Behavioural Insights Team and Innovations for Poverty Action.
The Strategic Partnership Manager will be responsible for ensuring that PlayMatters consortium and IRC staff identify, engage, and influence key education stakeholders in Tanzania responsible for and engaged in promoting learning outcomes for refugee and local children ages 3 to 12. This includes collaboration with government, UN and other humanitarian coordination decision makers, education implementing partners, and large scale development initiatives to improve learning through play. The Strategic Partnerships Manager will report to the country level Project Coordinator and work closely with the regional Senior Policy Advisor and the PlayMatters Project Director to develop key messages, communication materials and an engagement strategy for Tanzania that will inform the day to day task of building relationships and defining roles and responsibilities. In doing so, the Strategic Partnerships Manager will ensure the type of engagement in design and implementation necessary to achieve joint priorities and objectives of providing play based learning opportunities for all children.
• Jointly work with the regional Senior Policy Advisor to conduct a stakeholder analysis and to develop a country-specific engagement and policy influence strategy that is continuously updated as contexts evolve and change;
• Update key messages and communications materials on play based learning to reflect the country specific context and update as the context evolves;
• Facilitate education actors’ engagement in project planning and ensure that is reflected in project documents such as the implementation work plan and learning agenda, as well as define clear roles and responsibilities of key education actors in achieving program objectives;
• Develop the capacities of project IRC and consortium staff in engaging with and influencing key education actors;
• Closely monitor and document policy debates, changes in policies, and shifting strategies and ensure relevant information is disseminated to project staff in a timely manner;
• Prepare key information ahead of project staff engagements with these key actors and ensure that action points are followed through;
• Track key meetings in-country and work with PlayMatters regional team, key actors, and IRC Tanzania staff to coordinate attendance;
• Act as project spokesperson on advocacy issues where appropriate and take part in relevant country advocacy, as guided by key stakeholders
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Advanced degree from an accredited university in education, public policy, or related field;
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in policy and communications;
• Proven track record of and knowledge of engaging with government priorities, systems, and structure;
• Demonstrated success in developing advocacy and/or communications strategies;
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
• Fluency in English required.
Working Environment: The Strategic Partnerships Manager will work in the IRC Tanzania office and be provided regular administrative and logistics support to perform his/her responsibilities
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Requisition ID: req7710
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/7710?c=rescue
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.