Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, August 13 2023
Date Posted: Monday, July 31 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The accountants are reporting to the Financial Controller.
Main responsibilities are as follows :
• You ensure the processing of accounting data and documents in order to provide qualitative accounting.
• You ensure the preparation of treasury operations in order to ensure that suppliers/beneficiaries/etc. are paid correctly and in due time.
• You ensure the preparation of files, collection of information and accounting records for control purposes in order to allow transfer of the same to his/her hierarchical supervisor to the controllers/Auditors/RAFs.
• You control the supporting documents regarding grants in order to allow for an appropriate control of the grants.
• You provide and maintain quality financial data in order to allow reliable financial reporting and analysis.
Any specialism in the diploma:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Economics or Management
• Must be a Qualified Accountant with any one of the professional accounting certifications e.g. CPA, ACCA,
• Additional Training in Financial Management Procedures is of an added advantage;
Specific competences or knowledge required:
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in Finance and Accounting, budget support, grants management or similar position of which at least 2 years specifically in Accounting, or equivalent within either a public organization, donor agency, a government project or a highly recognized private organization;
• A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in Grants Management and donor funds
• Strong experience in financial reporting, tax management and financial analysis;
Specific competences :
• Broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation
• (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.).
• Knowledge in Financial Management policies and Accounting procedures, budget management and financial analysis.
• Knowledgeable about the management of grants, donor funds and capacity building of
• Familiar in using an ERP-Financial Management tool.
• Knowledge in procurement and tax rules
• Good knowledge of standard ICT applications (Excel, Word, PPT (etc.)
• Knowledgeable in audit preparation and execution of audit feedback
• Skilled at solving problems and you adopt a solution- and results-oriented approach;
• Exhibit leadership skills in managing teams.
• Respect others and is able to build relations on the basis of credibility and expertise.
• Show engagement, sense of responsibility and integrity.
• Flexible and can work in a changing environment.
• Experience in working with Government officials, private sector, CSOs and workers’ organisations is of an added advantage.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.