2 Health and HIV Services Officers
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, October 25 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 24 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The overall objective of this position is to contribute towards achieving HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of OVC and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania. The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to the 95-95-95 goal. The job holder will ensure a sound and vibrant bi-directional referral and linkage system, improved case identification, linkages to ART, and Viral Load suppression among Children and Adolescents Living with HIV/AIDS.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Represent PASADA and coordinate with the Council Health Management Team regarding HIV and health-related activities at the Council Team level.
• Hold monthly coordination meetings with Care and Treatment Centers (CTC) in the implementation area to support shared confidentiality, facilitate case conferencing, improve the bi-directional referral system, and ensure HIV-positive beneficiaries receive needed services at the council team level.
• Support Early Childhood Development (ECD) corners at targeted health facilities, including regular monitoring and supportive supervision at the council team level.
• Support the facilities to have an updated enrollment register that demonstrates the cascade of CLHIV enrollment at the CTC at the Council Team level.
• Support Community Case Workers (CCWs) to work with high pediatric volume CTCs to trace HIV-positive OVC who miss appointments, enroll them into the ACHIEVE Project, and link them back to CTCs.
• Support CCWs to conduct HIV risk assessments for OVC during case management; refer and link at-risk OVC to HIV Testing and Counseling (HTC).
• Schedule quarterly Sexual Reproductive Health Education outreaches to Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW), and DREAMS Girls in school and organize HTC outreaches for adolescents with high-risk behaviors at the Councils Team level.
• Work with Health Facility Implementing Partners to roll out a supplemental HIV curriculum to CCWs and ensure CCWs provide appropriate support to HIV-positive OVC and caregivers.
• Support CCWs to strengthen the capacity of caregivers to support HIV-positive OVC and ensure CCWs refer HIV-positive OVC and caregivers to PLHIV support groups.
• Support the rollout of evidence-based curriculums relating to HIV (e.g., Steppingstone, Furaha Lifelong Parenting (Sinovuyo), Sexual Reproductive Health Education, Care for Child Development, etc.)
• Support the establishment of a bi-directional referral system to monitor beneficiaries through the HIV continuum of care as well as service completion for other health and social services.
• Monitor implementation, bottlenecks, and performance metrics of the bi-directional referral system; proactively offer solutions, conduct quality improvement activities, and implement adjustments to improve referral outcomes.
• Participate in quarterly council-level quality improvement meetings with relevant bi-directional referral system stakeholders; ensure actions from the meetings are implemented and the bi-directional referral system is improved at the Councils Team level.
• Work with the M&E officer to ensure all bi-directional referral data are accurate and produced weekly; use data for decision-making at the Councils Team level.
• Lead the development of a service directory for health, nutrition, and HIV services in the implementation area; update the directory at least once a year at the Council Team level.
• Support CCWs to conduct nutrition activities, including nutrition assessments, counseling, and linkage to other nutrition service providers at the council team level.
• Provide continuous supportive supervision to CCWs to ensure the provision of health-related services and referrals and linkages to beneficiaries.
• Submit timely updates to the Program Manager for inclusion in the quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports at the Councils Team level.
• Document lessons learned and best practices for experience sharing and replication at the Councils Team level.
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
Minimum required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• MUST be a Diploma holder in Clinical Medicine or Nursing.
• A bachelor’s degree or higher in medicine or nursing will be an added advantage.
• Good understanding of the Government of Tanzania's health policies.
• Strong M&E skills and experience in strategic information.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English including excellent training skills in working with adult learners, particularly at the community level.
• Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed without constant or close supervision.
• Demonstrate leadership and team-building skills.
• Diplomacy and negotiation skills that demonstrate the ability to collaborate and coordinate with a range of stakeholders and complex priorities.
• At least two (2) years of working experience in a field position with an organization in public health or OVC programming. Experience in implementing community programs in health/HIV, MNCH, TB/Malaria, etc., is preferred.
• Experienced with PEPFAR 3.0 funded project in Tanzania.
• Experience implementing program and donor regulations, systems, and procedures.
• Experience in an Appreciative Inquiry (AI) approach in development and social work.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Please send your application letter along with the updated curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your CV, please indicate three reputable referees. Send your application before 25th October 2023.
The application letter should be addressed to;
The PASADA Executive Director
P. O. Box 70225
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.