2 Payroll Officers
Jobs at:Lodhia Industries Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, December 05 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, November 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lodhia Industries Ltd is one of the leading and fastest growing steel & plastic manufacturers in Tanzania and is currently operating out of two locations, Dar-es-salaam and Arusha. Since the foundations of the company laid back in 1996, Lodhia Industries Ltd has had an utmost dedication to the highest business standards and ethics and has provided thousands (directly & indirectly) of jobs with levels of security and benefits unprecedented in the region. A wide range of CSR initiatives are also undertaken, many of which go unreported. The growth of Lodhia Industries has directly correlated with an increase in the quality of life in the surrounding community.
Lodhia Industries aspire to be Africa’s benchmark for Value Creation and we seek to scale the heights of excellence in all we do. We endeavour to earn the trust and acclaim of customers by providing safe, high-quality products and services by fully respecting and protecting the privacy of personal and customer information, thus providing sustainable growth of society.
Now Lodhia Industries Ltd is hereby looking for experienced professional in the following discipline to join our dynamic group.
Payroll (Two post)
Job Location: Dar Es salaam
Report to: Payroll Head
Purpose of Role
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible to provide a professional and high-quality payroll administration service which enables payments to our employees accurately and on time.
The position holder must work in a compliant manner and ensure all checklists, calendars, variance reporting, KPI’s and journals are completed on time and accurately to ensure we meet our internal and external facing compliance controls
Duties and responsibilities
• Provide payroll provider with data changes in the agreed format and by the agreed date on the payroll calendar. Quality of data is imperative and the correct validations should be carried out.
• Complete tasks in a compliant manner ensuring adherence to Data Privacy and Compliance principles.
• All queries from employees and other key stakeholders are resolved satisfactorily within agreed timelines
• Maintain technical knowledge of Statutory payments and deductions
1. Good written and verbal communication skills with English as a minimum
2. Awareness of current Tanzania Labour law practices and trends is essential
3. Ability to amend and alter the calculations on the payroll.
4. Must be able to process a large amount of data under significant pressure.
5. Ability to manage and run payrolls.
6. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and payroll tax obligations
1. Advanced knowledge of remuneration and other best practices
2. Conversant with advanced excel as well as capability to ERP system
3. Good understanding of change management principles
4. Good understanding of basic financial management principles
5. Good understanding of tax legislation
Qualifications and Experience Required
• 3+ years of Experience in Payroll Processing
• Degree in Accounting or other related field
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across geographies and cultures
• Ability to quickly understand and apply market legislation affecting payroll and statutory reporting.
• Demonstrates excellent organizational and planning skills
• MS Office expertise
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.