41 Community Testers
Jobs at:Management and Development for Health (MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, August 22 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, August 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Igunga DC, Nzega DC, Nzega TC, Kaliua DC, Urambo DC, Sikonge DC, Uyui DC, Tabora MC, St John Paul II Hosp, Nkinga Hosp, Sikonge CDH, Ndala
Hospital and Kitete RRH. MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies from Only Current Sub-Grantee Contractual Staff and Volunteers.
5. Job Title: Community Testers (41 Posts)
Reports to: Facility In-Charge
Community Tester will be working with peer educators in creating awareness and education on the existence of identification services and preventive services, also ensuring all HIV testing services are performed according to national HIV testing algorithm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Providing KVP friendly services client centered approach.
2. Working with peer educators in creating awareness and education on the existence of identification services and preventive services.
3. Ensuring all HIV testing services are performed according to national HIV testing algorithm.
4. Providing ongoing counselling with psychosocial support and testing while maintaining confidentiality and patient rights.
5. Compiling and submit all reports on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to HTS focal and MDH supervisors.
6. Monitoring the quality of test kits by the use of suitable control materials, sample from laboratory department.
7. Ensuring safe storage of CBHTS related items and prepare all the necessary consumables for undertaking CBHTS activities on time.
8. Keeping accurate CBHTS records.
9. Working with team members in monitoring Quality improvement plans with regards to the established performance targets or indicators.
10. Working with Data Officers on HTS and PrEP data entry into reporting system, CTC2 database and DHIS2.
11. Providing health education on importance of clinic adherence to clients and treatment supporters.
12. Participating in outreach and campaign in reaching targeted population for testing and PrEp services.
13. Participating in QI activities that aim at increasing CBHTS efficiency.
14. Bringing up any ideas or comments that may contribute in improving system for providing services to KVP.
15. Performing any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
1. At least a Diploma in Nursing or Clinical medicine or Certificate in Nursing with 3 years relevant experience in Testing.
2. Working experience in HIV program, preferably in a similar position will be highly considered.
3. Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
4. Work experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program will be an advantage.
5. Highest level of integrity.
6. Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
7. Ability to communicate fluently in English and Kiswahili (both verbal and written).
8. Must be computer literate – conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION LETTERS, CVs and COPIES OF THEIR CERTIFICATES MDH TABORA OFFICE.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 22 ND AUGUST 2023.
Interested and Qualified Click here to Apply
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.