7 Pharmaceutical Technicians II
Jobs at:Benjamin Mkapa Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, November 15 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Benjamin Mkapa Hospital is established under the Government Notice No.453 of 2015 which was gazetted by the government on 16th October, 2015 after its inauguration on 13th October, 2015. The establishment of this hospital emanates from the intention of 4th term President of United Republic of Tanzania Dr. Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete to have a hi-tech and modern diagnostic treatment center in Tanzania by 2015 aiming at reducing government burden resulting from referring patients abroad.
The hospital has 400 bed capacity that serve both in and out patient from within and outside the country. At this moment the hospital provides a broad range of health services including Emergency Medicine, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Imaging (Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerized Tomography Scan (CT scan), Mammography, X-ray, Ultrasound, Angiography, Cath-Lab, Laboratory Services, Surgical Services and Radiotherapy Services.
For a proper continuation in provision of quality specialized health service, the hospital is looking for suitable applicant for Volunteers to fill 49 following vacant post: -
7. Pharmaceutical Technician II - 7 POST
Duties and Responsibilities
• Determining, preparing and ordering drugs and treatment instruments requirements.
• Storing and Dispensing drugs and treatment instruments as per prescription to patients and staff.
• Compounding/Manufacturing medicines. iv. Educating public/patients on proper use of medicines.
• Inspecting drugs and treatment instruments.
• Providing information on reaction resulting from the use of medicine. vii. Preparing report on the use of drugs and treatment instruments in the Institute. viii. Keeping various records of drugs and treatment instruments. ix. Assisting in procurement and maintaining adequate stock of drugs.
• Assisting physicians, interns, nurses and patients on medications.
• Sorting out and listing drugs expiring within three months for the attention of Superior.
• Ensure adherence to standard operating procedure and BMH business process.
• To perform other duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualification and Experience
• Holder of Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution and licensed by the Pharmacy Council.
• 50% incentive package in accordance to Ministry of Health Workforce Volunteering Guideline.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; Postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates: -
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
• Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective
• Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
• Birth certificate; iii. Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted: -
• Form IV and form VI results slips;
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
Deadline for application is 15th November, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on the date of interview and;
A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Executive Director, Benjamin Mkapa Hospital,
P.O. Box 11088, DODOMA.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.