Regional Accountant Managers
Jobs at:BRAC Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, December 11 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 05 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Career with BRAC International
is an award-winning international non-governmental development organization, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone can realize their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programs to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict- prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organization of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organization committed to highlighting innovation, impact, and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first program outside of
Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002 and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programs and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender, and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in 2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood.
About the Programme
The Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) has initiated its Project to create a positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
There is mounting urgency to support adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) living in poverty, which has been further amplified by the global pandemic. Through this partnership, scalable economic development approaches are delivered in communities to foster the agency and voice of AGYW. They have the opportunity to fulfill their aspirations, achieve sustainable livelihoods, and engage in advocacy issues.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self- motivated individuals to fill the following positions:
INTERNAL POSITION (8): Regional Accountant Managers
Job Location: Different Regions.
The purpose of this position is to achieve smooth team supervision and support of project implementation in regional wise.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• To supervisor and be responsible for all accountants of the Regions, Areas, and Branches
• To follow up all the irregularities reported to him or her by Area accounts manager and make sure that they are solved.
• To perform surprise check when visit branches and make sure area accounts manager are doing their responsibilities.
• To undergo performance review of the area accountant managers.
• Support the field procurement by being member of committee on basis of procurement on field level.
• Maintain coordination between Country Office and Field Level.
• To check all the transactions of Branch and Area Office.
• Regional Accounts Manager should be responsible to check online banking on daily basis and match with the records.
• Regional Accounts Manager Should Visit the Branches on risks basis rather that schedule basis.
• Preparation of regional financial reports on times and ensuring all supporting documents are scanned and uploaded on timely.
• Review and approval online bank transactions initiated by the Arear accountant manager.
• Daily, Weekly and Monthly review of bank reconciliation prepared by the Area account manager.
• Review entries done by the Area account manager and complied with the internal and international standards.
• Preparation of quarterly regional program budget in consultation with the regional manager – Program.
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the programmer’s goals on safeguarding implementation.
• Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same.
• At least four years of experience with donor project
• At least three years in supervisor roles
• At least two years of experience in field.
• Bachelor in Accounts, Finance, Economics, Investment.
• CPA or ACCA is an added advantage.
• Certified public accountant or Final stage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Strategic thinker
• Analytical and critical thinking
• Communication and Interpersonal skills
• Leadership, organization, and Management Skills
• Computer literacy.
• Time Management
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at:firstname.lastname@example.org
Only complete applications will be accepted, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline:11 December 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self- disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.