Jobs at:Focus Africa
Deadline of this Job:
14 April 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Focus Africa is a non-governmental organization with the primary Programs in South Sudan, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Zambia, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Somalia, Tanzania and Kenya that promote ownership, alleviate poverty and promote sustainability in Africa and beyond, We seek to recuit an Accountant in our Tanzania office in Zanzibar
Duties and responsibilities
• Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
• Writing and posting cheques in the system while ensuring correctness of the information.
• To maintain Petty cash that is adequate for the petty expenses and ensures timely cash reimbursement
• Issuing Purchase Orders on approved quotations including stock purchases
• Maintenance of PO register, follow up on undelivered and problem orders to ensure that the goods and services are adequately delivered
• To escalate any monthly outstanding orders so that further action can be taken by the management.
• Authenticate quotations for main services and goods and also maintaining a quotations file for future records.
• Reconciling supplier accounts for any reconciling items/transactions to get the correct and updated statement
• Receipt of suppliers bills, verification and request for approval. Posting and filing the approved invoice voucher in outstanding/unpaid invoice file.
• Produce costing for department utilities e.g. fuel, spares, stationeries etc.
• Analyze all company costs Comparing with the budget costs and escalating to the management for course of further action.
• Receipt of stocks in the sage system to ensure that the stock ledger reconcile with the physically received goods.
• Be involved in production of financial reports, P&L, Balance sheet and management reports
• Compliance; reconciled Input VAT, filing of the same and all other statutory obligations
• Any other that may be assignment by the management
• Proven working experience as Accountant in an FMCG industry.
• Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
• Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
• Proficiency in English and in MS Office
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: email@example.com received by 14/04/2022
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis and Focus Africa reserves the right to fill this position before the deadline;
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.