Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, October 01 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, September 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Swisscontact strives to advance the socioeconomic integration of youth and young mothers in Tanzania. The organisation has recently been awarded with a new contract for the implementation of a private donor funded project for implementation in Tanzania.
The project builds upon and adds on the ongoing young mother´s Vocational Skills Development (VSD) and related support of the Skills for Employment Tanzania (SET) project, which is funded by the Swiss Government. Similarly, the new project will introduce VSD and entrepreneurship support programmes with the aim of contributing to the creation of sustainable and meaningful livelihoods for young mothers. In close collaboration with the private sector and local communities, this project will offer innovative solutions and successfully tested methodologies to empower these often-marginalized women and to connect them with entrepreneurial opportunities. The project will provide market-responsive technical training, counselling support, life and soft skills and coaching, as well as entrepreneurship and access to finance support. It will do this while not neglecting the specific requirements of young mothers who need to combine professional activities with the care of their often very young children.
Swisscontact is currently looking for Accountant, to be based in our offices in Morogoro, Tanzania.
Under the supervision and support of the Project Manager, the Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
• Work closely with all staff, suppliers, partners, and vendors to manage financial resources.
• Support the project team in recurrent financial activities in accordance with internal operational manuals and different guiding policies.
• Comply with Swisscontact’s rules and procedures such as the Code of Conduct (CoC) and Country Manual as well as donor requirements and respective the laws of Tanzania.
The Accountant will have to perform the following tasks:
• Facilitate preparation of the yearly budget of operation and monthly cash advance requests.
• Facilitate payments and review accountability for meetings and workshops, submit and reconcile expense reports.
• Provide financial support to other staff including reviewing travel budget, expense reports, and maintenance of electronic and paper files.
• Conduct preparation of payment vouchers, and cheques and ensure timely settlement of all undisputed invoices.
• Support preparation of staff payroll, and payments to outside service providers.
• Monitor and reconcile balance accounts on a monthly basis.
• Provide monthly project financial analysis and recommendations.
• Work with the project staff to ensure project activities are aligned with the approved budget.
• Guide and ensure compliance with relevant regulations such as from Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) board, country-specific and any other financial obligations such as tax returns and annual Financial Statements
• Provide support to project staff and stakeholders in areas related to finance and accounting.
• Maintain and archive all contracts including annexes for all assigned grants, both electronic and hard copy.
• Work with the Project Manager of Swisscontact Tanzania in organizing biannual and annual audits according to Head Office instructions.
• Perform other tasks in line with the job description and as requested by the Project Manager.
Required qualifications, experience, and competencies.
• At least a bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance or Business Management.
• Accounting certification such as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
• Experience building financial tracking and reporting systems including an understanding of accounting software.
• At least 3 years of related experience within the private sector or any other organization.
• Excellent organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
• Attention to detail, honesty, integrity, and transparency.
• Excellent verbal and written English and organizational skills.
• Excellent ability to use Microsoft office package (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to submit CVs with a motivation letter/cover letter in English including three (3) referees to email@example.com not later than 17:00 (EAT) on 1st October 2023. The CV and/or the cover letter must include the expected monthly gross salary expressed in TSH.
Please note that:
• Swisscontact respects gender equality and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
• Swisscontact is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.