Jobs at:CRDB Bank
Deadline of this Job:
13 June 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 08, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Purpose of the job is to be responsible for analyzing data and assessing risk using statistical models. Design and price insurance policies and use advanced statistics and modelling to understand data.
• Perform monthly variance analysis (MVA), to compare develop experience vs. plan targets.
• Obtain, verify, analyze, and model data including risk reporting and forecasting.
• Update trend projections periodically, to support pricing trend development and the corporate business plan.
• Ensure work is accurate and efficient using existing procedures.
• Perform key actuarial functions including new product pricing recommendations in coordination with other actuarial associates.
• Manage reviews of Property and Casualty insurance pricing models.
• Responsible for research and analysis of information to provide recommendations on calculation issues.
• Complete projects on time and with high standards and accuracy.
• Conduct contemporaneous reviews on general Insurance reserves and report key findings to senior management.
• Independently create and submit regulatory rate, rule, and form filings.
• Support the month-end close process and ensure the accuracy of booked reserves.
• Plan and prioritize work in accordance with broader team or department objectives and priorities.
• Responsible for coordinating the development and extensive analytical review of trends.
• Participate as a representative of the department during relevant meetings.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Proactively identify opportunities for improvements in processes and products.
• Analyze and recommend revisions in rates and rating plans for assigned lines of insurance.
Education Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
• Bachelor’s or Graduate’s Degree in actuarial science, statistics, computer science or mathematics.
• A strong ability in mathematics
• The capacity to analyse data and solve problems.
• The ability to carry out statistical analysis, such as scanning and cleaning data and interpreting trends and relationships between data sets.
• Good communication skills to be able to feedback on findings to non-actuarial colleagues or clients.
• The ability to produce reports and summaries of data analyses that non-specialists can understand.
• Commercial awareness as you’ll need to adopt a business-like approach when dealing with clients.
• An aptitude for collaborative working.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.