Advocacy and Member Services Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Tanzania Chamber of Commerce Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 31 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, May 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Advocacy and Member Services Officer
Tanzania Chamber of Commerce Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA) Arusha is a member-based organization which represents the interests of the private sector in Tanzania. The Arusha chapter was established in the year 1994 to cater for the common interests of the business community in Arusha region. Main services provided by the Chamber include lobbying and advocacy, business development services, market linkage, issuance of certificate of origin and legal services just to mention a few.
• Regularly scan the environment for doing business in Arusha Region and identify challenges that members and the general business community are facing, identify advocacy issues and deal with them with relevant authorities.
• Recruitment of new members, individuals, business entities and corporate, and ensure the retention of old members emphasis being on quality members.
• Motivating existing members to pay fees fully and on time by ensuring that they get interesting services including visiting them, organizing trade fairs, organizing training, business to business visits, and providing demanded services.
• Promote participation of members and other businesses in accessing the opportunity offered by the East African Common Market, through educating them and linking them to opportunities in the East African region.
• Obtain important information regarding business regulatory framework, business opportunities, including sources of finance, partnerships, and joint ventures and share them with members, including publishing it on chamber and other media.
• Organize monthly member engagement events, with emphasis on Public Private Partnership with authorities, and following up of issues arising from such meetings.
Qualification and Experience
Holders of university degree in either Marketing, Business Administration, Economics or any other related field. A minimum of two years’ experience working with a member-based organization or NGO is required.
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and also as a team
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Keen demonstrable interest and ability to increase TCCIA’S membership base
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.