Jobs at:University Of Dar Es Salaam
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
University Of Dar Es Salaam
UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM SCHOOL OF LAW
TANZANIAN - GERMAN CENTRE FOR EASTERN AFRICAN LEGAL STUDIES [TGCL]
The Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to be considered for employment on annual contract basis to fill the following post below.... .
Qualification and Experience:
The applicants should possess the following academic and professional qualifications.
• Possession of a good form VI certificate.
• Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting or any other relevant degree from a recognized institution;
• One (1) year working experience serving in similar position will be an added advantage;
• Knowledge of Procurement procedures and IT will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
• Knowledge of bookkeeping procedures;
• Knowledge of accounting principles;
• Knowledge of the preparation process for financial statements in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles;
• Skill in analyzing and interpreting financial records;
• Skill in analyzing, preparing, checking and balancing routine fiscal transactions and accounts;
• Ability to prepare accurate financial statements.
• General management of TGCL accounts;
• Prepare accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports and ensure the accuracy and completeness of the same;
• Receive payment by cash, cheques or any other forms of payment commonly used in Tanzania;
• Maintain accounting records and balancing accounts (double entry book keeping);
• Preparing and payment of staff salaries and student allowances;
• Using computerized accounting system and maintaining accurate accounting records.
• Process bills for payment; File and tally deposits;
• Communicating with the bank
• Communicating with the German project partner;
• Assisting in the organization of TGCL events and other activities as directed by the Coordinator.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Terms of service:
Contract of one year, and subject to three months probation.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should apply in confidence (letters to include telephone contacts) to the undersigned enclosing:
i) Detailed CV;
ii) Photocopies of relevant certificates and transcripts;
iii) Reference letters of at least two referees (to be submitted in hard copies only).
NB: Applications should be done in both hard and soft copies.
Soft copies of applications should be forwarded to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com Applications should be sent to:
University of Dar-es-Salaam School of Law
P. O. Box 35093
University of Dar-es-Salaam.
Dar-es-Salaam [where possible deliver hard copies to the TGCL office – UDSM Mikocheni campus opposite Mikocheni B Police post - directly
This advertisement can also be found in TGCL’s website: www.tgcl.uni-bayreuth.de DEADLINE: 31st December 2020.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.