Assistant Nursing Officer
Jobs at:Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, December 17 2023
Date Posted: Monday, December 04 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Assistant Nursing Officer (1 post)
Reports to: Principle investigator
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: December 17, 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing, and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara seeks a qualified Assistant Nursing Officer – (study nurse) to work within the Mwananyamala TB Clinical. The Assistant Nursing Officer will play a key role in the provision of research nursing services, day-to-day planning, and execution of clinical study activities, and to act as a team player for a clinical study team consisting of research nurses and study physicians.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in clinical research study as per research protocol, GCP, SOPs.
• Perform Sample collection (Including Femoral blood collection) and storage.
• Recording vaccination consent and marking completion.
• Administer Investigational Product (IP) and non-IP medications and procedures under the guidance of study clinician.
• Complete and filling of specimen transfer form.
• Accessing and maintaining accurate patient records, adhering to confidentiality as per the study
• Maintain appropriate working relationships between the hospital staff and IHI at large.
• Diploma in Nursing.
• Registered with Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council (TNMC).
• Good experience with research studies especially in clinical settings, including TB studies.
• 1-2 years working experience.
Skills and Competencies
• Patient Management skills.
• Team worker, able to work in a multicultural environment, punctual and high integrity.
• Skills in conducting clinical research including screening, and recruitment of patients to the study.
• Moderate computer knowledge / ICT skills.
• Effective organizational and intercommunication skills, and teamwork.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, and able to work flexible hours including
• Adhere to IHI core values and research ethics.
• Good command of both English and Swahili languages. Attentive to details and keen for completion.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 23:59 hrs on Sunday, December 17th 2023 . All e-mail application subject lines should include Research Officer – REF DAR. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.