Assistant Project Accountant
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, September 25 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, September 21 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SHDEPHA+ is an acronym for Service, Health, and Development for People living with HIV/AIDS. It is a national non-governmental organization, registered on 21 November 1994 with registration number SO 8216. SHDEPHA+ originated from the initiatives of fifteen people living with HIV/AIDS whose goal was to create a network and to mobilize resources to help people living with HIV/AIDS and to fight the spread of the disease. Although originally focusing on people living with HIV/AIDS, over the years SHDEPHA+ has expanded beyond HIV/AIDS and related issues to other development interventions and now covers both infected and affected by HIV/AIDs around 8 Regions of Tanzania Mainland.
SHDEPHA+ in partnership with FHI360 is implementing a project named Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) in Arusha and Shinyanga Regions. USAID-Epic Project is a global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project is dedicated to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 UNAIDS goals and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming.
SHDEPHA+ is extending its interventions to the new Districts in Shinyanga Region – Shinyanga DC and MC and it is currently seeking to employee staff to fill the position for the Councils as follows;
The Assistant Project accountant will be supporting the finance department to coordinate and supervise financial activities of the project. S/he will provide day-to-day financial technical work of the project and strict adherences to financial regulations and grant compliance requirements during the implementation of the program. S/he shall ensure daily, weekly and quarterly financial reports are timely prepared and submitted as well as accounting reports and documents including cash books, payment vouchers, bank reconciliation statements, budget compliance reports and any other financial reports that may be required by Project and Organisation.
• Participate in Annual project planning, monitoring spending and provide technical guidance to the technical team in regards to the Financial spending and Adherence to the Donor and Organisation guidelines.
• Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
• Preparing and Managing payrolls
• Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team.
• Assisting with budgets planning and reviews
• Completing bank reconciliations
• Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
• Managing day-to-day transactions.
• Recording Project expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget ceilings.
• Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
• Handling accruals and pre-payments
• Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
Qualification and experience
• Holder of bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Experience of at least one (1) year in working with Donor funded project
• Must be computer literate
• Knowledgeable on accounting packages will be an added advantage.
• Numerical, confidential, detailed, proactive and team work skills required
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and work within deadline
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
SHDEPHA+ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of Age, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
All applications are to be lodged through email: email@example.com
All candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
All applications should be submitted not later than 12:00 HRS on Tuesday, 25th September 2023.
For more information, kindly visit our website: www.shdephakahama.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.