Business Relationship Officer
Jobs at:Kilimanjaro Co-operative Bank
Deadline of this Job:
25 January 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Kilimanjaro Co-operative Bank Limited (KCBL) is the only Co-operative Bank in the country, Headquartered in Moshi – Kilimanjaro, is fully fledged Bank owned by Co-operatives and private business entities. The Bank is ambitiously reorganizing its business model and implementing growth strategy to widen nationwide outreach and network expansion to support government Co-operative movement agenda and mass market financial inclusion for Co-operatives, retail and SMES across the country.
To deliver its strategic agenda and lasting customer experience, the BANK is seeking to recruit professional, competent and experienced Tanzanian to grow their careers and fill the following vacant positions listed below;
BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP OFFICER (1 POSITION)
Reporting to: Team Leader –Business Development.
• Develop and acquire new business opportunities and proactively market for lending/deposit mobilization from the existing business relationship and prospective clients.
• Cross – selling bank services; working closely with the entire branch staff to maintain a high degree of customer focus.
• Maintain relationship with all business customers and work closely with these customers to the mutual benefit of both the customer and the bank. .
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS
Identify and acquire new business opportunities through local market intelligence.
• Manage bank and customer relationship to sell and cross bank’s product and services.
• Build and maintain strong business relationship with existing and prospects customers.
• Identify new business ventures through local market intelligence and identify support required for sales and on boarding execution.
• Demonstrate high level of integrity through compliance to credit policy and procedures.
• Handling customers’ queries/complaints relating to loan installments and other loan related issues.
• Deliver the promised service in a consistent and accurate manner with speed.
• Create trust, confidence and confidentiality to customers.
• Proactive monitoring and maintenance of the relationship especially in lending
LOAN PREPARATION & APPRAISAL FUNCTIONS
• Acquire, analyses and appraisal new and existing business projects for loan application
• Interviewing, analysing, and evaluating borrowers and potential borrowers with emphasis on risks (business, financial, market etc) and particular focus on repayment risk (cash flow); preparation and completion of Credit Application form; making recommendations to branch Credit Committee/Head office Credit Dept.
Maintaining SME credit files; co-ordinating efforts with SME UNIT, audit, loans administration & documentation and banking operations.
• Working together with the Branch Credit Officer to ensure loan documentation, security etc is perfected and in place before disbursement.
• Daily monitoring of account operations of all SME borrowers
• Check covenants and other conditions at least monthly
• Ensure compliance with terms & conditions laid down by the Approval and Offer Letter • Review risk grades at least quarterly
• Maintain client registers/databases and ensuring all files and branch records are in order
• Quarterly review of security values (FSV)
• Undertake renewals &/or reviews of outstanding loans before 90 days of expiry. SUPERVISION FUNCTIONS
• Working in co-operation with the Branch Manager and immediate supervisor to identify and monitor problem loans and possible delinquent facilities for further action;
• Actively pursue and engage doubtful customers and those in arrears, so that all avenues are explored before marking the loan as substandard or doubtful.
• Daily monitoring of all accounts in arrears
• Immediate follow-up of accounts in arrears
• Initiation of demand and other procedures
• Recommendations to Branch Manager/Field Supervisor
• Down-grading of accounts in arrears
• Re-assessment of securities and documentation
• Liaising with Recoveries Unit when appropriate (recovery of collaterals, use of debt collectors/auctioneers, write-offs etc)
• Preparing and agreeing an annual budget based on client portfolio
• Preparing and agreeing a monthly action plan and calling programme; regular monthly appraisal meeting with Branch Manager
• Maintain database of borrowing customers in the branch.
• Prepare performance reports (monthly work plan, activity report etc)
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Well-informed of the market competitive structure, banking industry practices and regulations.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and financial management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University Degree in Business Administration, Banking, Accounting, Finance or any Business-related field.
• At least 3 years’ experience in banking operations particularly lending and business relationship management for both personal and enterprises customers
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you have what it takes to fill the announced vacant posts; your encouraged to submit your application with a detailed resume/CV attached with copies of academic certificates, your full contacts (address and telephone numbers) and three referees addressed to:
The General Manager,
Kilimanjaro Co-operative Bank Ltd,
P.O Box 1760, MOSHI. KILIMANJARO.
Applications should be hand delivered to the Bank offices in MOSHI or emailed through: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline is set at 16hrs on the 25th January, 2021.
Shortlisted candidates should be ready for a written and oral interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.