Chief Financial Officer
Jobs at:National Bank of Commerce (Tanzania)
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, November 23 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
As the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for the Bank’s long-term financial performance and growth. You will play a pivotal role in strategy formulation & execution, maximizing shareholder returns, overseeing accounting operations, and strategic decisions on resource allocation within the business. You will be an integral member of the Country Management Committee, providing analysis, insights and providing timely financial information to support business monitoring and decision-making.
• Plan, implement, and manage the overall financial strategy of the Bank.
• Continuously suggest ideas for improvement and process optimization to drive efficiency.
• Oversee and manage the company’s financial accounting and reporting system.
• Set targets for finance and accounting personnel and monitor their performance.
• Coordinate training, coaching, and professional development for the team.
• Design, plan, implement, and monitor internal control operations relevant to the finance and accounting function.
• Ensure adherence to accounting, tax, and financial regulations and guidelines.
• Coordinate compliance with Bank of Tanzania reporting regulations.
• Prepare periodic reports on product/customer segment performance, regulatory returns, and statutory accounts.
• Coordinate statutory audits.
• Abide by internal NBC Bank policies, procedures, and standards.
• Coordinate NBC Bank compliance with tax laws and regulations.
• Manage external stakeholders, including primary and secondary regulators.
• Serve on the NBC Bank Board as an Executive Director of Finance.
• Exercise central responsibility for the Bank’s management information systems and ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and internal policies.
• Drive the Bank’s financial performance as measured by profitability and shareholder returns.
• Collaborate effectively within the Country Executive Committee, contributing to the Bank’s overall success.
• Provide advice to the executive team on operating cost management, project and investment decisions, and pricing strategy for the Bank’s products and services.
• Leverage digital technology when leading the finance function.
• Develop frameworks and policies for all company financial investments
Analytical Thinking – Advanced (Meets all of the requirements), Certified Public Accountant, CPA (T) – National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA), Customer Excellence – Service Management (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Ethics and values (Meets all of the requirements), Financial Experience, Financial Management (Meets all of the requirements), Leading change (Meets all of the requirements), Leading people – Leadership level (Meets all of the requirements), Postgraduate Degrees and Professional Qualifications – Financial Sciences
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.