Chief Internal Auditor
Jobs at:Arusha International Conference Centre (AICC)
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, February 05 2024
Date Posted: Friday, January 19 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Overall, in-charge of all auditing activities in the Centre
• Chief advisor to the Managing Director and the Board on all internal control procedures within the Centre.
• Overseeing preparation of work programmes for the audit of the directorates and monitoring audit work to ensure efficient execution of work programmes as prepared
• Overseeing preparation and regular review of internal audit work programmes are strictly adhered to at all times
• Formulating and recommending short- and medium-term plans of the Internal Audit Unit
• Keeping the Managing Director and the Board informed at all times of the progress and problems of the Internal Audit Unit and the whole Centre in relation to audit work
• Setting and continuously evaluating performance in the directorates with the view of maintaining high standards and keeping the staff morale high
• Assessing the degree of adherence to Centre’s policies and regulations by different directorates
• Managing the set up and continuous development of the Internal Audit Unit for the Centre
• Developing comprehensive audit programmes of the Centre with a view to establishing adherence to established systems, procedures and regulations and ensuring their accuracy
• Conducting regular audits of all offices to ensure that up to date financial records are kept and that approved management and accounting procedures are followed
• Ensuring that the Centre’s assets are adequately controlled, safe guarded and insured
• Investigating frauds or misappropriations committed by staff
• Reviewing audit reports with the Centre’s external auditors
• Carrying out systems audit and analysis to ascertain the effectiveness of established policies, procedures and plans and where necessary recommending appropriate improvements
• Performing any other duties relevant to the scope of work that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
• Holder of Master Degree in Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions plus CPA (T), ACCA, ACA, CIA or equivalent professional qualification recognized by the NBAA.
• Working experience of at least fifteen (15) years of which five (5) years must be in a senior position.
REMUNERATION AS PER AICC SALARY SCALE
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.