Jobs at:Christian Social Services Commission
Deadline of this Job:
26 May 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Compliance Officer
Direct Supervisor: Finance and Administration Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
The Compliance Officer will directly report to and supervised by the Finance and Administration Director. The Compliance officer provides high-level grants, and contracts management as guided by the donor and organization’s regulations to attain the goal of C4S project, s/he will be working with consortium members and COE’s to ensure program activities and operations are implemented as planned. S/he will provide Capacity building to staff on the grant for all aspects related to grants management to ensure compliance with USG Rules and Regulations, and other donor guidelines.
• Verify monthly indirect cost calculation if correctly and properly done.
• Verify expenditure cost centers in the payment request match with the budget lines.
• Verify time sheets are properly done and submitted timely.
• Lead on all necessary correction for all previous month cost centers errors and mismatch
• Review sub awardee advances and liquidations on monthly
• Support DFA with new proposal budgets development
• Support sub-awardee annual budgets preparation and revision during the year
• Support Partners capacity to Develop sub contract and sub-grant award documents compliant with donor requirements
• Support Partners capacity to administer the full cycle of sub-award management activities beginning from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessments, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout.
• Ensures partners capacity to Oversee budget management of projects’ sub-award funds
• To support partners to Ensure that office systems for grants and contracts administration are developed and maintained and can provide regular reports
• Support partners capacity to Develop and/or update their Sub-awards Manual in compliance with USG Regulations
• Support partners capacity to manage closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
• Advise partners to Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Support partners capacity to Reviews, analyzes, and drafts contract language to ensure they comply to all applicable donor, and host government regulations
• Provide training, as required, related to areas of his/her expertise and partners staff needs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum requirement is a bachelor’s degree but preferred is a MA/MSc/master’s in business administration degree or equivalent relevant qualification
• At least 7 years of relevant experience in the NGO sector within Tanzania in managing the award and administration of sub-grants funded by Global Fund, USAID, or international donors.
• Experience managing sub-award design and administration
• Experience in donor funds administration
• Understanding of local contract and procurement law
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written Kiswahili and English
• Knowledge of OMB Circular A-110, A-122, and A-133; 22 CFR 226; and 22 CFR 228 a plus
• Strong knowledge of donor auditing requirements and demonstrated ability to exercise financial oversight of Agreements programs.
• Demonstrated solid knowledge of USAID and other donor regulations applicable to Agreements administration.
• Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance programs to build full range of capacities for grant management
Skills and Abilities:
• Consistently works within internal process and procedures
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills
• Exceptional planning and time management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
• Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
• Strong understanding of budgets
• Strong analytical skills to successfully perform financial reviews and other forms of quantitative analyses.
• Effective written and oral communications skills that are essential to building relationships with donors, host country counterparts, and partner organizations.
• Ability to exercise sound business judgment to wisely prioritize and successfully perform multiple and complex tasks.
• Highly organized and able to develop and streamline systems for efficient conduct of day-to-day tasks.
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and graphic/web design, knowledge of QuickBooks, sun System and Navision
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.