Cost & Grower Accountant
Jobs at:Bayer East Africa
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, February 03 2024
Date Posted: Monday, January 29 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ‘Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity, and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities, and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. But if you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
• Provide accurate financial analysis and ensure that accurate, reliable, and detailed records of costing are maintained.
• Ensure strict internal control & compliance at all the sites.
• Collaborate with Product Supply Finance team members to better deliver on our key KPIs and goals.
• Continue to build safety culture.
Key responsibilities and tasks
• Ensures financial information for our grower clients is timely and accurately prepared
• Processes and prepares accurate operational financial information for grower clients within predetermined deadlines
• Management of Grower Accounting including handling of all A/P communications with vendors/Growers.
• Register all new contracts in SAP, process order creation, Purchase order and batch creation
• Monitoring of signed contracts and legal documents and upload on share point: These are Contract, addendums, Vat authorization and Red flag assessments
• Invoicing of License fee: Comparing parental documents received from WH with SAP transactions.
• Collecting GPS Ha’s from field managers add on PO and capturing invoices
• Responsible for Payments for Corn business, all contractors linked to process order, trial production payments,
• Growers seed delivery tracking and confirmations in SAP before payments are made
• Reviews Grower Raw Seed receipts within the month and ensure that all are recorded in SAP
• Grower Payment tracking and Cashflow forecasting,
• Responsible for Grower accruals, Age analysis and new grower application for Tanzania
• Oversee and contribute to the preparation of all inventories related information for financial statements (P&Ls, Balance Sheets, Statement of Cash Flows, ROI) and all other reports required by management
• Support Plant Controller on daily, monthly costing activities & analysis
• Share recommendations to seize opportunities or overcome challenges
• Interact and support key business decisions
• Discuss, prepare & execute succession planning and individual development plans
Key Working Relations:
• All East and West Africa PS functions, Site Managers, Supply chain, planning and quality
• Finance and Controlling
• Procurement and Safety
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business field
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA is an added advantage
• 5 years of experience
• Experience in the agriculture, manufacturing or seed industry is an added advantage
• Experience in cost accounting
• Experience in Inventory management
• Working experience of SAP is a plus
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.