Country Finance Officer
Jobs at:SNV Netherlands
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, January 03 2024
Date Posted: Friday, December 22 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we work in more than 20 countries in Asia, West Africa, and East and Southern Africa. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. Our new Strategic plan (2022-2030) commits us to work in three intersecting sectors (Agrifood, Water and Energy), with a focus on the three cross-cutting issues of climate change, institutional strengthening and governance and gender and social inclusion, to support the achievement of nine of the US Sustainable Development Goals.
Purpose of the position
The budgeting, compliance and reporting coordinator supports the country’s finance function. Country Finance focuses on a correct and exhaustive country and project finance, reported in a timely manner and which is compliant to SNV policies and procedures as well as donor procedures, regulations, and guidelines.
The budgeting, compliance and reporting coordinator checks, executes, consolidates, and reports on financial and non-financial data in the country and checks financial project administration. Ensures the stability and transparency of the overall country finances, in order to be compliant to SNV’s corporate financial guidelines and procedures as well as donor requirements, accounting and reporting regulations.
• Collaborate with project managers/budget holders to develop project budgets in compliant to internal and external procedures and regulations and SNV and donor guidelines regarding the financial administration of country operations and projects.
• Monitoring budgets and identifying any variances between projected spending and actual spending to ensure that expenses do not exceed funds available.
• Ensure that budget proposals are realistic, accurate, and in compliance with donor requirement.
• Provide regular reports and analysis to management, highlighting variances and proposing corrective actions.
• If applicable executes or supports in execution of all financial related activities within the country (annual budgeting process, periodic forecasting, support control, monitoring, and auditing).
2. Business Development
• Assists in development of budgets in proposals up to budget value of the set threshold.
• Supports in the financial part of a proposal from start to submission by developing, Prepare budgets in line with full cost recovery policy, donor requirements, Finance-, Human Resources- and Business Development policies and procedures.
3. Financial reporting and compliance
• Coordinate, Preparing and submitting financial reports to the Country Finance manager for review before submitting to the donors.
• Provides (input for) financial reports and analysis, to provide insight in the overall country and projects financial status to both internal and external (e.g., donors) parties to safeguard financial performance, profitability and to estimate financial risks and take precautions.
• Ensures correct, exhaustive reporting to donors within agreed timelines, in line with donor requirements and SNV financial guidelines.
• Ensure donor compliance throughout the project cycle, from inception, execution, and project closure.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual SNV financial statement in compliance with the country’s financial reporting framework.
• Coordinate internal and external audits for both the organisation and individual project audits. Filing annual returns and ensuring SNV remain compliant throughout the year.
4. (Sub) Grants Management
• Assists in the capacity building of new implementation partners in sub-grant management.
• Assists CFM in performing due diligence for new implementation partners, provides support in setting up the systems and procedures to frame grant management, builds implementation partner capacity in grant management, and ensures the monitoring of grant management by implementation partners.
• Guides, develops, coaches and motivates the finance employees, in order to realise department’s objectives
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field and proven experience (7 more years) in financial management and audit experience
• Fully qualified accountant (Tanzania recognised accounting professional qualification)
• Accuracy, the ability to work accurate and diligent, with an eye for detail aimed at preventing mistakes
• Attention to detail, the ability to effectively and consistently process detailed information
• Controlling progress, the ability to control the progress of employees’ processes, tasks, activities and of one’s own work and responsibilities.
• Service minded, the ability to be of service, driven to quickly and adequately execute tasks for others
• Problem analysis, the ability to detect problems, recognise important information and link various data to trace potential causes and look for relevant details.
• Integrity, adherence to the standards, values and rules of conduct associated with one’s position and the culture in which one operates. Being incorruptible.
• Result orientation, the ability to take direct action in order to attain or exceed objectives.
Reporting to: Country Finance Manager
Contract Type: National contract
Contract Duration: Two years
Expected Start Date: Mid-February or early March 2024
Working at SNV
SNV offers a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org.
How to Apply
The vacancy is for internal and external candidate and it will active up to 2nd January 2024 and all applications should be through Smart Recruiters on the following link https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/SNV
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.