Debt Recovery Manager
Jobs at:Diamond Trust Bank (Tanzania) Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, January 11 2024
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 03 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible for recoveries of bad debts (NPLs, and Written-Off Facilities) in compliance with internal policy requirements, regulatory guidelines, and other acceptable/best common practices that aligned with legal framework requirement
• Engaging previous account custodian from business/credit, review account status, identify gaps/challenges, determine, recommend the optimal course of action for the bank to maximize recovery in the shortest time possible.
• Facilitating and participating in negotiations with Corporate, SMEs, Retail, Credit Cards, IPF, and Asset Based Financing defaulters through best recovery approaches such as settlements of their outstanding credit facilities and subsequent review/preparation of executive write-ups to the approving authorities for deliberation and necessary approvals.
• Closely monitoring of debt collectors, auctioneers, and other service providers to ensure they perform their assigned duties efficiently as per agreed Service Level Agreement.
• Liaising with legal department on regular basis and provide frequent analysis in respect of best recovery strategies/approaches of ongoing litigation cases arose from Corporate, SMEs, Retail, Credit Cards, IPF, and Asset Based Financing defaulters.
• Attending court sessions as well as properties disposal through various multiple auctions e.g., public auction, tender bids, etc. emanating from Corporate, SMEs, Retail, Credit Cards, IPF, and Asset Based Financing defaulters.
• Providing support to Receivers & Managers to execute receivership activities- e.g., provision of credit info – loan balances, etc.
• Ensuring all repayments/collections from clients are booked/updated in the system to reduce loan outstanding exposures.
• Ensuring all expenses incurred by the bank in respect of accounts under Debt Recovery Management Function are booked/updated in the system and added to the clients’ outstanding exposures for subsequent recovery.
• Visiting and ensuring collateral physically exists, well perfected, adequately insured at all times noting the bank as first loss payee, payment of land rent, and valuation reports are valid and current for recovery purpose.
• Recommending for impairments provision, and write-off.
• Handling and managing all clients’ queries/concerns and advise properly and timely with the purpose of creating and maintaining good relationship between clients and bank.
• Preparing and submitting debt recovery reports and providing inputs to the department recovery meeting, CEO, MCC, BCC, Board, Audit, BOT, and any other related forum.
• Participating on formulation/development, implementation, and regular review of Debt Recovery Management Guidelines/Frame-work/Process & Procedures.
• Participating on formulation/development, implementation, and regular review of Debt Recovery strategies to ensure maximum recovery.
• Participating on setting and executing debt recovery targets. Ensuring all internal paperwork, filing and documents are in order and recorded well.
• Ensuring effective Business Continuity Plan in the department. Supporting Junior Debt Recovery Officers in executing debt recovery management strategy.
• Collate lessons learned in managing bad debts (NPLs, and Written-Off Facilities) as input to improve lending process.
• To perform any other departmental duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Minimum of University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law or its equivalent.
• Certification on Loan Work-Out, and, or Debt Recoveries would be an added advantage.
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of debt recovery processes with sound understanding of credit life cycle.
• In-depth understanding of Legal frame-work related to lending.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience on loan work out, and, or debt recovery management or a similar one will be highly regarded.
Effort and Involvement:
• Requires thorough review, interaction, coordination and close follow up with various stakeholders in the debt recovery processes.
Perform indoor duties.
• Meet/ engagement with internal and external Stakeholders.
• Confident and effective communicator (both verbal and written)
• Plenty of drive, initiative and motivation
• Excellent communication skills
• Good negotiation skills and persuasion
• Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Great planning and multitasking skills to ensure delivery of excellent jobs
• Interpersonal skills
• Great persistence amid pressure
• Great time management skills
• Good customer services skills
• Strong ability to adapt quickly and work effectively in a fast- paced environment.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Percentage of total collection/recoveries from bad debts (NPLs, and Written-Off Facilities) managed under Debt Recovery Management Function.
• Cycle time (Annual Performance Review).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If interested in the above position and meet the requirements indicated, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receiving applications is December 11, 2023.
NB: Only successful Candidates will be contacted.
DTB is an equal opportunity employer and DOES NOT charge for applications.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.