Deputy Finance Controller
Jobs at:Shugulika Africa Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, November 22 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, November 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To assist the CFO in performing the functions pertaining to the Finance Department and Corporate Secretariat office to support compliance with relevant statutes governing the company. At the same time, the recruit would be required to assist in the smooth functioning of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare annual financial statements, tax returns, and required regulatory returns as well as oversee the external audit process and effectively manage the Finance team across all the branches.
• Management of accounting systems and external support including month-end close procedures.
• Ensure the integrity of financial data on the chosen IT platforms.
• Ensure compliance with accounting and tax-related regulations, laws, and filing requirements.
• Provide accurate, timely, and comprehensive financial reporting to the management team.
• Influence behavior both within finance and the wider business for continuous improvement, particularly in areas such as , claim payments, expenses payments, RI Payments, cash receipts, commission payments, bank reconciliation & RI reconciliation on monthly basis, and WIP management.
• Oversee all accounting procedures, financial transactions and systems used by the company.
• Establish, implement and monitor the company’s finance policies and procedures, incorporating both accounting policies and internal procedural controls.
• Support the centralized finance processing operation, driving efficiency through process improvement and standardization.
• Ensure compliance with accounting and tax-related regulations, laws and filing requirements.
• Ensure annual audits are carried out effectively and efficiently for all branches ensuring all regulatory requirements are met regarding the company’s financial affairs.
• Assist with the accurate accounting of the company’s financial position, including forecasting, management, and operational aspects of profit share.
• Follow, adapt and oversee the process within the department pertaining to payments, and financial controls.
• Manage relationships and budgets of external service providers including tax, audit, and banking.
• Preparation of TRA and statutory returns for timely submission.
• Identify risk areas in the department and raising it timely with supervisor for mitigation.
• Maintaining current accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Commerce/ Finance/ Insurance & Banking/ Business Administration or related discipline.
• CPA (Tanzania) Qualification (Compulsory).
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a Finance role.
Attributes & Competencies:
• Qualified accountant (preferably a financial accounting-focused qualification eg CPA.
• Experience ideally with an audit practice background.
• Experience in managing a finance function in a fast-moving, rapidly growing environment.
• Experience in managing across different cultures, and across multiple jurisdictions/time zones due to RI relationships.
• Poise and confidence to operate at the board level.
• Eye for detail and diligence to ensure the accuracy of systems and processes.
• Proven ability to drive efficiency and process reviews across an international organization.
• Commercially astute individual, capable of strategic thinking and with sound judgment.
• Excellent analytical, communication, and influencing skills.
• Understanding of Tanzania tax regime preferred.
• Conversant with financial reporting requirements and ability to prepare reliable & accurate reports, analyze and interpret.
• Basic knowledge of applicable Accounting Standards, IFRS, Taxation Laws and other applicable laws/regulations.
• Knowledge of data analytics, forecasting methods, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
• Analytical mind and comfortable with numbers.
• Ability to deliver/ complete assignments timely.
• Good communication and people skills.
• Honest, confident and have high integrity.
• Fluent in English and Swahili.
• Reliable and ethical with a high degree of integrity.
• Able to get on with others and be a team player.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.