Jobs at:International Organization for Migration
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, September 06 2023
Date Posted: Monday, August 28 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following duties and tasks:
1. Extract and input data from various sources in financial or accounting systems.
2. Respond to accounting, budget or financial queries regarding data from staff in the unit and elsewhere.
3. Assist in the preparation of the payroll by executing validity checks on monthly payroll results.
4. Review all types of payments starting from purchase to payment requests verifying that they are duly authorized, and all the supporting documents are attached therewith.
5. Create new Vendor Accounts in PRISM.
6. Verify vendor requests for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions.
7. Perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered.
8. Prepare necessary receipt and journal vouchers.
9. Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports, and other reports as required.
10. Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.
11. Ensure proper and systematic filling of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards.
12. Responsible for the Petty Cash of the office; and.
13. Perform other related duties as required
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma with four years of relevant experience; or,
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finances, or related fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage.
• Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way.
• Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
• Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
• Time management and planning for accounting cycles.
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
For this position, fluency in English and Kiswahili are required (oral and written) Working knowledge of French or Spanish is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies: Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: email@example.com
The vacancy is open for both internal and external Tanzanian nationals only. Only e-mail applications will be considered.
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 September 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.