Finance Assistant/Assistant Accounts
Jobs at:Qatar Charity (QC)
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, January 18 2024
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 10 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Finance Assistant/Assistant Accounts
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reports to: Accountant
Duration: 6 months (with possibility to extension)
Starting Date: January 08, 2024
Closing Date: January 18, 2024
Qatar Charity (QC) is a non-governmental organization working in both relief and development. With a considerable regional capacity, QC is a leading humanitarian organization in the East Africa region committed to transforming adversity into revival for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By working with beneficiaries and communities, QC is keen to develop the links and continuum between relief activities and long-term community development projects.
In the performance of its activities in cooperation with different humanitarian and development partners, Qatar Charity is committed to the principles of partnership such as equality, transparency, responsibility, and integration. QC is also committed to the fundamental humanitarian principles of independence, neutrality, and impartiality.
For the last three decades, Qatar Charity has achieved both consistent and considerable growth in terms of its operations and institutionalization and is currently working in more than 70 countries across the world, with field offices in 40 countries.
QC has a membership of the United Nations Economic and Social Council Since 1997; and is a member of various fora and networks the recent being the START Network. QC is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs since 2009.
The Finance Assistant/Assistant Accounts would be expected to provide financial support to our Program in accordance with QC guidelines. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for the Data entry in the financial system, bank support activities and disbursement functions. S/he will provide support to relevant finance officer in tasks including preparation and deposit of withholding taxes, checking documentation, reconciliations and ensure the maintenance of financial documents in a systematic order and is responsible for effective filling.
• Data Entry to include recording of all outstanding payables in the financial system, ensure no invoice/bill is double entered/paid.
• Ensure accurate tax withholding deduction while entering data into the system.
• Coordinate with procurement department accordingly when vendor file needs updating.
• Review petty cash expense reports for accuracy.
• Ensure completeness and accuracy of supporting documents in all payments.
• Prepare checks and/or transfer letters for vendor disbursements.
• Deface all paid bills and invoices with PAID stamp at the time of payment before filing.
• Ensure effective filing of all financial documents.
• Ensure timely cash receipts and deposits in the bank.
• Perform Bank reconciliation for review by line manager.
• Assist in the resolution of any banking related issues and new bank account opening
• Preparation of tax depositing challans for review by line manager.
• Preparation of monthly and/or quarterly vendors statements for review by line manager.
• Prepare yearly withholding tax certificates.
• Ensure that expenses are timely and appropriately charged to respective Fund Codes.
• Ensure that field office advances are liquidated well ahead of contract closing and expenses are included in donor report on time.
• Assistance in monthly financial books closing.
• Record and monitor all bank and cash transactions in Excel based cashbook.
• Perform other tasks and fulfil assignments when and as assigned by Line Manager or the Senior Management.
• Assist in accounts payable and accounts receivable functions to ensure that payments and receipts are processed accurately and on time.
• Assist the development and implementation of the organization’s internal audit program.
• Support in maintaining relationships with banks to ensure that the organization has access to the best possible financial products and services.
• Ensure that the organization complies with all statutory requirements including Corporation Tax as per Government Tax Law.
Compliance and Feedback
• Assist in all financial systems for the office and ensure full compliance with QC financial Procedures.
• Oversee financial system are with in line with QC financial guidelines.
• Assist in preparation of financial reports and ensure compliance with donors’ requirements.
• Ensure compliance with banking regulations and best practices.
• Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations governing the management of fixed assets.
Team Management and Performance
• Provide guidance and training to programme staff on financial and accounting issues.
• Implement strategies for optimizing the organization’s asset base, including identifying opportunities for cost savings.
• Assistance in internal reporting.
• Assist the line manager in the organization’s budgeting process, including development and tracking of budgets for all departments and programs.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all fixed assets, including location, condition, and value.
• BBA in Finance/ Accounting or equal education in a related discipline.
• At least 3 years’ accounting experience with one year in similar capacity.
• Familiarity with tax and applicable Government laws and good practices.
• Understanding of financial software and tools/systems.
• Must be proficient in MS office and other MIS related software and tools.
Skills and Personality:
• Excellent Communication skills in English, Arabic preferably.
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to maintain strict confidentiality in performing official duties.
• Ability to maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
• Good inter-personal skills and a team player.
• Well-developed ability to apply appropriate judgment and an innovative and analytical approach to problem solving.
• Knowledge of tax deduction upon salaries, services etc as per Government tax law.
• The ability to meet tight deadlines, achieve results and work with minimal day to day supervision.
• Experience of preparing accurate budgets and cash flows.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and demands from a number of different sources (internal and external).
• Willingness to undertake travelling around the country.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
We invite individuals who are both interested and qualified to submit their Curriculum Vitae (CVs) along with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the close of business on January 18, 2024. Please ensure to mention the specific position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Quality Control (QC) will conduct screening checks and seek references on behalf of candidates.
We appreciate your understanding that we do not accept phone calls in relation to this application process. QC is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.