Jobs at:Mott MacDonald
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, February 14 2024
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 31 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Manager has responsibility for:
• Statutory Accounts and Audits – Liaising with external auditors to ensure and facilitate the production of Audited Financial Statements, interpretation of statements, respond to findings and follow-up actions.
• Bank and cash management – Ensure the management of monthly reconciliations of cashbooks, petty cash & imprest systems. Prepare monthly project cash flow forecast statements and quarterly statutory cash flow forecast statements. Monitor the flow of cash and related instruments.
• Transactional accounting – Supervise the transactional processing (accounts payable, cash payments and payroll) and ensure there is well defined segregation of duties and appropriate financial controls in place. Approve (or assist in the approval of) all programme financial transactions, ensuring that each transaction is adequately supported and executed in compliance with donor requirements and is appropriately and securely filed.
• Financial Accounting – Manage the company’s financial accounting and monitoring and reporting systems, developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk including;
• Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations as per agreed timetable.
• Ensure compliance with legislation, internal financial controls and International Financial Reporting Standards
• Ensure that information is processed timeously and accurately in order to produce financial accounts on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Ensure that systems are adequate in order to meet accounting requirements. Review and update systems of accounting on a regular basis.
• Timeously compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payments, reporting and other tax requirements to external statutory entities such as Tanzanian Revenue Services and pension funds
• Liaise with external stakeholders e.g. creditors where necessary
• Monitor budgets: ensure orders and invoices are within budget before processing payments
Client Accounting – To support the senior management in IE Tanzania hub in the delivery of the client reporting requirements including;
• Produce expenditure monthly reconciliation of programme expenditure and draft invoices for the clients as well as maintaining an up to date billing control sheet.
• Monitor expenditure and advise the Senior Management team of potential issues with regards to forecasting, disbursement or accounting.
• Ensure good quality donor financial reports that adequately meet their reporting requirements.
• Staff Management – manage and oversee all accounting and finance staff in Tanzania ensuring staff are competent to carry out their duties through supervision and training.
• Carry out appraisals for direct reports in line with Mott MacDonald HR policies and assist the senior management in the recruitment of Programme finance officers.
• Good working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and the Companies Act of Tanzania
• Excellent financial management and accountancy skills
• A good communicator with strong relationship building skills, reliable and a team player
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrable ability to deliver to deadlines
• Advance Excel skills including pivot tables and look up functions
• Pro-active and takes initiative to raise issues with management and to resolve identified problems
• Pro-active response to support colleagues when the need requires.
• Undertake periodic travel to State offices.
Required academic/professional qualifications, training and experience
• Educated to a Degree standard or technical equivalent
• Relevant professional qualification (i.e. ACCA, ICA, CIMA, ICAEW, ICAS etc.)
• Previous experience in managing donor funded projects/programmes would be advantageous
• Experience of Quickbooks and exposure to an ERP system (SAP, Oracle, Lawson) would be advantageous
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.