Jobs at:Shugulika Africa Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, September 15 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Advises the Company on sourcing more funds from different Financial Institutions
• Initiates various projects and Investments to increase company’s finances
• Planning for efficiently utilization of Company’s funds
• Provide expert financial input, advice and support in all areas of Financial Accounts
• Play a essential role in the production of the statutory quarterly and Annual Accounts and financial returns ensuring they are prepared in accordance with Company and National guidance and that all external and internal deadlines are met.
• Ensure the Company complies with current Tax regulations and legal requirements.
• Ensure that the financial and other systems of the Company meet all statutory requirements, through the development and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures (including Standard Operating Procedures for finance) and through appropriate audit and control.
• Responsible for the production of standard financial reports and supporting information to the Company.
• Undertake regular analytical review of income and expenditure to identify significant variances which will require further detailed review by business partnering team.
• Ensure that register of all miscellaneous income and expenditure is maintained appropriately.
• Interrogate and validate expenditure, to ensure the expenditure shown in the accounts is true reflection of actual spend within the Company.
• Ensure that expense accounts are cleared and reconciled regularly.
• Ensure the integrity of the general book is maintained to accurately record the financial position of the Company.
• Ensure the Company’s policies procedures, and Standing Financial Instructions are strictly adhered to.
• Plan and organize work schedules for accountants to ensure activities are completed within agreed weekly, monthly and annual financial timescales and comply with Company policies and procedures.
• Manage all financial transactions of the Company.
• Develop team members through a process of KPIs, performance reviews and appraisals, identify training needs and solutions.
• Develop, deliver and facilitate training sessions for non-finance staff ensuring an understanding of financial policies and procedures of the Company.
• Help create a culture of learning and staff development and monitor departmental progress against the training strategy, policy and plan.
• Take responsibility for the induction and training of finance staff.
• Discuss financial queries with Company Directors, which may be highly complex, highly sensitive and highly contentious.
• Liaise with internal and external auditors in audits designed to improve financial transactions.
• To submit the VAT returns on or before 20th of every month.
• Submission of SDL/WCF/PAYE/NSSF without any delay.
• Supervises the preparation of Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Ratio Analysis Reports.
• Supervises the preparation of Monthly Purchase Reports Supplier wise, Item Group wise (Tires, Spares, and Lubricants.
• Supervises the preparation of Repair & Maintenance – Truck & Trailers Reports Truck and Trailers wise, Station wise.
• Supervises the preparation of Suppliers Age wise Report.
• Supervises the preparation of Customer Age wise reports.
• Supervises the preparation of Bank Reconciliation Report.
• 10+ years' experience in a senior financial managerial position with a proven record of success.
• Sound decision-making skills based on accurate and timely analyses.
• Results-oriented and metrics-driven.
• Exceptional time management and ability to solve problems.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication and leadership skills, with the ability to communicate and manage staff at all levels.
• Ability to lead by example and demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, ethics and dependability.
• Professional written and oral communication skills.
• Confident in presenting results to an audience.
• Strategic thinking, planning and creative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to collaborate with upper management to organize, plan and achieve company financial goals.
• Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and financial reporting software.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (MBA preferred)
• Professional accounting qualifications such as ACCA or CPA.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.