Jobs at:Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA)
Deadline of this Job:
10 July 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Manager will oversee the financial functions of TAHA and will provide financial leadership
to ensure effective and efficient management of TAHA’s projects resources. The Finance Manager will
work closely with the technical and operations teams to ensure that financial and administrative policies
and procedures are in place and adhered to.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the position
• Develop and implement appropriate accounting principles that facilitate TAHA operations.
• These will include the execution of proper financial controls and management.
• Develop, analyze and manage TAHA budget and monitor performance against budget.
• Monitor, review and update financial policies and procedures.
• Monitor, review and update as appropriate, TAHA financial management systems to ensure timely
• and accurate recording, retrieval and reporting of all financial transactions.
• Oversee the transaction processes to ensure timely payment of vendors, suppliers, and other
• project-related expenses.
• Identify, evaluate and monitor financial risks and put in place strategies to mitigate identified
• financial risks.
• Ensure compliance with partner financial rules and regulations.
• Recommend and implement improvements in financial controls and policies.
• Ensure compliance with all Tanzanian tax and legal requirements.
• Ensuring financial reports are accurately prepared, reviewed, approved and submitted to partners
• in accordance with signed contracts and agreements.
• Consolidate project financial reports and prepare monthly/quarterly Management accounts.
• Prepare annual institutional financial report for auditing and Board review
• Prepare and coordinate the financial audit process
• Develop and maintain appropriate systems for reporting and analysis.
• Supervising the ground team and ensuring proper management and utilization of assets and
• Compiling and monitoring departmental plans and targets and ensuring regular performance
• evaluation and feedback management.
• Ensuring harmony and efficiency in the team, institutionalization of sound operating system,
• regular capacity checks and team coaching including timely stategic adjustment as you maintain
• high level of professionalism and timeliness in guiding your supervisees.
• Identify skills in the team for development as well as emerging challenges and provide guidance in
• addressing critical team issues.
• Conviening regular management meetings to discuss financial health of the organization.
Complexity of Role:
• Will require high level of professionalism and trustworthiness in handling sensitive financial and
• organizational information, empathic & strategic thinker.
• The position calls for strong networking
• skills, ethical behavior, confidentiality, and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
• Needs strong analytical skills to perform spend analytics, evaluate financial data, identify trends,
• and make informed decisions.
• This includes financial forecasting, cost analysis, and identifying areas
• for improvement or cost savings.
• Must possess a deep understanding of financial analysis techniques, tools, and methodologies.
• This includes evaluating financial performance, conducting risk assessments, and managing contracts.
Qualifications and skills
• Masters or Bachelor degree in Finance, accounting, Business Administration or a related field. Must be a Certified Public or Chartered Accounting qualification.
• At least nine (9) years of experience managing finance, accounts, and/related matters for development activities.
• Working knowledge and experience with-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Presentation, management, and leadership skills.
• Goal-oriented, flexible, and creative under pressure;
• Research, multimedia platforms; strong budgeting, Internet, and computer skills.
• Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel and accounting software.
• The successful candidate will be remunerated according the TAHA salary scales, and in alignment
• with the candidate’s qualifications and professional experience.
Other employment benefits will be provided as per organization’s policy.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 108
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should send their applications enclosing detailed;
Copies of qualification certificates
All application should be sent through the below address;
Human Resources and Administration Manager
P.O. Box 16520,
Please note: TAHA is an equal opportunity employer that welcome all qualified candidates to apply
for the open positions.
TAHA is committed to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where all
employees feel valued and respected.
Deadline for receiving application is Monday, 10th July, 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.