Jobs at:Tetra Tech
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, September 28 2023
Date Posted: Monday, September 11 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Description/Summary: Under the supervision of the Director of Administration and Finance, the Finance Manager is responsible for managing accounting and financial control systems for the Tanzania MUM project offices in the Iringa office and for ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards and full compliance with all USAID financial administration and reporting requirements. In addition, the Finance Manager will oversee the Finance team and work closely with Administrative Manager and Procurement and Subcontract Manager.
• Assist the DAF to manage all aspects of the project financial accounting system, including managing cash flow, preparing and reconciling monthly financial reports, and ensuring proper filing of all required documentation.
• Responsible for reconciling bank records and prepare monthly bank account reports; review all online data entries for payments in online banking system, ensuring accuracy and proper approvals.
• Review all travel advances and expense reports as approved by Accountant; and review accounts payable and reconcile travel advances on monthly basis and report any exceptions.
• Review and ensure all approved Salesforce disbursement vouchers have been correctly coded and posted to QuickBooks.
• Responsible for timely preparation of VAT reimbursement claims, coordinate with tax consultant for certificate of genuineness and obtain endorsements from US Mission and Government Institutions and submit to Tanzania Revenue Authority.
• Review all tax exemption and reimbursement applications for accuracy prior to submission to the relevant authorities.
• Assist to prepare financial reports of local expenses by category (labor, transportation, equipment, supplies, etc.) as requested.
• Responsible for ensuring there are sufficient funds for implementation of project activities and funds are timely.
• Review budgets for annual work plan and individual activities on an ongoing basis and ensure cost estimates are reasonable, allowable, accurately presented and assigned to the correct cost type.
• Prepare annual financial statements according to International Accounting Standards and oversee audit processes.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with local laws governing statutory deductions and remittances.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the COP, DCOP Operations and DAF.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance and/or accounting, or related field of study, and 3 years’ relevant work experience OR 8 years’ relevant work experience.
• Demonstrated experience in similar donor-related activities serving on a similar or equivalent position.
• Demonstrated experience overseeing a finance team and solving accounting and finance problems.
• Practical experience preparing VAT refund claims and coordinating endorsements and submission of required documentation to TRA.
• Ability to review activity budgets and QuickBooks entries and reports.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Must be registered with National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) as Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
• Tactfulness, enthusiasm for the job, Good Human Relation skills, integrity and ability to work under pressure.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.