Finance Manager: Infrastructure Projects
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, November 07 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Role purpose a Key Responsibilities
• Lead the Infrastructure Acceleration strategy in the Finance workstream within Vodacom Tanzania Plc
• Alignment with Vodacom Group Infrastructure strategy
• Support in the creation of the infrastructure special purpose vehicles (SPV’s) in Tanzania; Vodacom Fibre Company and Vodacom Rural Tower Company
• Lead the development of the optimal Finance operating model for the SPVs
• Drive cross departmental partnerships between work streams to achieve deliverables
• End to end execution of all special projects within Finance
• Develop a robust Governance structure and drive full compliance with the DoA requirements
• Provide appropriate accounting guidance to ensure that the arrangement is setup in a manner that supports the strategic objectives of the project.
• Provide the accounting implications of the proposed transaction per IFRS.
• Provide the financial effects of the proposed transaction to VTPLC (the “Company” and the “Group”) over the Long Range Plan.
• Identify assets in scope for the separation program, ensure full reconciliation is done back to all supporting documents and take all steps necessary to support the verification of the assets.
• Develop an optimal finance structure and resourcing plan
• Develop the finance human resourcing structure for the SPV’s and synchronize with the human resource
• Support the finalization of the business plan based on network plans
• Finalize the business plan overlay, drive the decision making process and clearly provide scenario based outcomes.
• Provide the financial effects of the proposed transaction to VTPLC over the LRP and FibreCo
• Develop appropriate finance processes and policies aligned with best practice, finance operating model and system requirements.
• Scope out accounting system requirements and detailed activities required to support implementation.
• Vendor engagement, selection and onboarding.
• Risk register and mitigation actions (financial and non-financial)
• Drive asset separation program for existing assets – in conjunction with the PMO
• Setup and manage “virtual data rooms” (VDR’s) for existing Vodacom assets and all activities within Finance.
• Structure and resourcing in place for the SPVs.
• Detailed execution plan with clear timelines and dependencies are in place.
• Monitoring processes with clear KPI’s
c. Legal and Regulatory
• Provide all necessary inputs to secure licenses and approvals such as business license, TIN, VAT, network facilities license
• Support and constructively challenge the review of the Shareholder agreements, Master lease agreements and all related legal drafting’s
• Lead regular work stream meetings and ensure outcomes are attained per deliverables across all areas.
• Regular updates to the work stream members, Head of FinOps and PMO.
• All Vodacom EXCO approvals, Vodacom Group and Vodafone approvals as per Delegation of Authority (DoA)
• Work closely with the PMO to secure Local and Group Board approvals.
Qualifications, Competencies, Knowledge and Experience
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience
• Demonstrated experience in managing key project transitions or implementation will be an added advantage.
• Degree in Accounting and a CPA holder (essential)
• In depth knowledge of mobile and fibre networks
• Knowledge of Project Management tools and techniques;
• Stakeholder management and relationship management
• Leadership and People management skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.