Jobs at:Jane Goodall Institute
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, September 01 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, August 24 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Main responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Serving as an active member of JGI Tanzania’s Finance department and in this regard is expected to unveil high level of financial discipline in daily finance operations,
• Working closely with and provide support to the Finance & Administration Manager to ensure all payment requests are properly documented and processed and funds are timely disbursed in support of approved activities,
• Ensure payments are done in compliance with tax laws and statutory remittances are remitted on timely manner,
• Follow up on the activities and monitor cash advances disbursed, periodically verify spending and availability of funds for program and recommend for changes in the budget line if needed.
• Perform in-depth variance analysis by comparing actual spending to the program activity plan and confer advice where applicable to the Finance & Administration Manager.
• Prepare and submit periodic project financial reports to the Finance & Administration Manager,
• Work with the Finance & Administration Manager to provide an oversight on all issues related to administration of the program activities.
• Provide support on preparation of annual and quarterly work plans and compare the same with allocated budget to ensure smooth operation of the program,
• Participate in the annual Audit and develop follow up action plan and ensure the action plan and the audit recommendations are implemented,
• Keep records for all important program documents.
Minimum job Requirements & Qualifications:
• At least bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is an added advantage.
• At least 5 years of experience working with NGOs, previous experience working with USAID funded programs in Finance & Administration will be an added advantage.
• Extensive expertise in managing finance and compliance aspects of USG funded programs.
• Good interpersonal skills, excellent organizational and analytical skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, must be a person of unquestionable integrity, must have ability to write clear and concise reports, ability to take direction and work independently to deliver results.
• Fluency communication skills both verbal and written Kiswahili and English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be submitted together with the most recent Curriculum Vitae (resume), copy of relevant academic certificates & transcripts, testimonials, three names of reputable referees, day-time telephone number or e-mail address, and should be send to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview and provided with interview feedback.
The deadline for submitting the application is 1 September 2023
JGI Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national ortribal origin, religious belief, gender, and marital status.
QUALIFIED FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.