Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, February 04 2024
Date Posted: Monday, January 15 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
APOPO is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our international team as Financial Controller, where you can play a pivotal role in ensuring the financial integrity and stability of our organization.
About the role
As the Financial Controller, you will play a pivotal role in the organization’s financial operations, taking on a diverse range of responsibilities. This includes overseeing financial reporting, budgeting, analytical accounting, internal control, and cost control management. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing the financial systems (ERP), donor contract follow-up, and ensuring compliance with established financial protocols.
Reporting directly to the CFO, this role requires a candidate with strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in an internationally oriented environment. This role requires frequent international travel to provide support to the various APOPO project countries. Ideally, you will be stationed at the APOPO office in Morogoro, Tanzania, facilitating effective collaboration with the CFO based at that location, yet, we are open to considering hybrid work arrangements.
To be considered for the position of Financial Controller, we expect candidates to have the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business management, or a related field.
• CPA, MBA, or MSA certification is highly desirable.
• In-depth knowledge of financial reporting standards and regulations.
• Experience with major donors, including a proven track record with at least one of the following: WRA, DGD, DFID, European Commission, Flemish Government, Belgian DGD, or UNDP.
• Proficient in using ERP systems and advanced knowledge of financial software: Sage BOB 50 accounting software, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, Microsoft Power BI software…
• International driver’s permit.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• High ethical standards.
• Willingness to travel.
• 4+ years of proven experience in a similar finance role.
• 4+ years of financial management including budgeting and donor reporting.
• Experience working in non-profit organizations, particularly in low- to lower-middle-income countries.
• Experience working with intercultural teams is an asset.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.