Financial Inclusion Manager – Tanzania Kilimo Tija
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Services
Deadline of this Job:
01 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and management of the inclusive finance component of the Tanzania Kilimo Tija Activity (KTA) and to support the Business Development Manager (BDM) and the Grants Manager (GM) in the implementation of KTA's Grants under Contract (GuC) component.
Description of Duties
• Develop, implement, and document strategies and activities that improve access to financial products particularly for youth and women in horticulture industry.
• Identify and create linkages between horticulture farmers and relevant financial institutions and products including MFIs and other business development services.
• Oversee the implementation of CRS' savings group model (SILC).
• Work closely with financial institutions to develop products that target horticulture SH Farmers particularly youth and women.
• In collaboration with the MEAL and using digital applications and platforms to develop and disseminate financial inclusion Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials, access and disseminate Market Information.
• Increase financial literacy of KTA participants through awareness raising, financial literacy and information communication through dissemination of relevant IEC materials.
• Increase awareness of financial products available in the local market including promotion of innovations using USAID KTA Grants Under Contracts (GUC) facility to targeted participants particularly grants which facilitate inclusion of young women and men involved in the horticulture sector.
• In close collaboration with the KTA Business Development Manager, facilitate access to GUC facility by developing financially viable projects and business plans for entrepreneurial young women and men in the horticulture sector.
• Work closely with the KTA's Grants Manager to design and set performance targets for beneficiaries of GUC facility, ensuring that they are closely monitored, and that appropriate, timely interventions are made.
• Disseminate best practices and knowledge to other stakeholders.
• Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings . Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
• Strong technical writing skills
• Strong data collection and research skills and ability to interpret and analyze data
• Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
• Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
• Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
• Master's Degree in agricultural economics/economics, financial management, community economic development, business administration, rural development, or related subjects with a focus on financial inclusion and market systems development.
• At least 5 years hands on experience in managing projects with saving groups components, financial inclusion.
• Extensive experience supporting diverse partnerships including government agencies, private sector entities, and non-profits in financial management aspects.
• Computer proficient especially use of MS Office applications including spreadsheets, word processors and databases.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and solve problems in a consultative manner.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested qualified candidates should submit their letter of application together with their CV in
PDF or Word format in a single attachment which outlines their experience and sustainability of the position applied to email address TZ_HR@crs.org not later than 1st July 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.