Graduate Trainee – Health Safety And Environmental Coordinator
Deadline of this Job:
18 July 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Continuous coordination and follow-up of the training programs (local and regulatory trainings).
• Organize and conduct fire drills at Head office
• Conduct HSE related inspections at Head Office
• Coordinate and follow payments for all HSE related vendors
• Coordinate and conduct monthly HSE & REX committee and follow-up actions from committees
• Conduct quarterly drills at HQ to ensure readiness to emergency response
• Continuous follow-up and update of Nonconformance Register and Ramses
• Conduct internal training, toolbox talks and spearhead HSE campaigns to promote a safety culture
• Visit worksites and service stations to conduct HSE inspections
• Follow up and maintain firefighting equipments
• Promote near-miss reporting, golden rules and use of stop card
• Participate in accident investigation and reporting
• Follow and facilitate implementation of affiliate HSE objectives
• Participate and conduct HSE evaluations to bidders of tenders for works with high HSE risks
• Ensure compliance to the work permit system and prevention plan by conducting regular inspection of the permit and prevention plan issued.
• Conduct HSE toolbox talks and audits, issue violation notices and recommend for rewards.
• Making sure of the availability of proper PPE and monitor the inventory and use of the PPE.
• Create and review HSE programs, policies, plans and procedures.
• Coordinate site safety meetings, mandatory training, inspection (required by the law)
• Managing health of employees, this includes monitoring the quality of food, drinking water and ensure cleanness of sanitary facilities.
• Complete any other tasks as assigned by the HSE Manager.
Context and environment
• HSE is a responsibility of everyone, your main objective must be to build a strong safety culture among all employees and contractors working at your site.
• Working long hours and sometimes during weekend, public holidays.
• Close coordination with;
• Internally: OM, internal auditor, Commercial Department, Network Manager, HR Manager and Depot Managers, etc.
• Externally: Contractors, Engineering Consultants, Network dealers, Consumer customers, Government institutions such OSHA & NEMC.
• Must possess at least five years of work experience in HSE, most preferable in oil and gas, mining, power plants.
• Must possess a degree from a recognized higher learning institution.
• Must possess HSE qualifications, and an engineering background will be an added advantage.
• Must have a good command of English language (speaking and writing) and should be an effective communicator.
• Computer skills, conversant with Microsoft word, power point and excel.
• Must be independent, able to deliver under minimum supervision.
• Must be ready to work under high pressure and demonstrate high level of commitment to work.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.