Grants Finance Officer
Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, August 30 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Budget Management and Monitoring.
• Monthly analysis and Monitoring of projects budgets to ensure proper charging of projects expenses and spending as per approved Project budget.
• Provide lead in budgetary control to ensure that activities are implemented within the approved budget
• Lead in the preparation and revision of budgets and implement budgetary management strategies.
• Perform Monthly financial analysis and share with project management for decision-making.
• All project expenses are allowable, reasonable, and allocable
• No disallowed costs
• No overspending or underspending
• Budget revisions have been done timely
• Timely and accurate decision-making by project management based on the financial report
• Conduct periodic project/partner visits for financial review and capacity building in finance management.
• Reviewing partner’s reports and posting them into the system on time.
• Build Partner’s Capacity in Financial and fixed asset Management to ensure Grants Compliance.
The capacity of the partners is built and they implement and comply with the grants compliance which leads to a consistent, effective, and efficient financial management system.
• Examine financial data for accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures and ensure financial integrity and build financial and resource management capacity.
• Provision of technical assistance and awareness to project staff on all financial-related issues.
• Maintain the project assets and have an updated asset register as per the donor and WV regulations.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
• Minimum of five years of progressive working experience in a donor-funded environment with adequate exposure to project accounting, and financial management including budgeting, grants, contracts, and partner management.
• A minimum of three years of experience from an international NGO experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial, reporting preparation and presentation, and the proven ability to translate technical, and financial data into informative reports
• Reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical
• Financial data into informative reports.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
• Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired
• Excellent oral and written English skills.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance/Equivalent.
• Professional qualification in accountancy such as ACCA or CPA
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
• Demonstrated ability in supervision
• Experience in managing donor funds
• Working knowledge of international donor-funded projects/Other grants operations, finance services, and practices
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff-related to work environment needs
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public
• Experience working with an international organization will be an added advantage
• Excellent computer skills in Excel & Sun-systems accounting software
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.