Jobs at:Christian Social Services Commission
Deadline of this Job:
26 May 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Grants Officer
Direct Supervisor: Finance and Administration Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
The Grants Officer will directly report to and supervised by the Finance and Administration Director. The grants officer provides high-level grants, and contracts management as guided by the donor and organization’s regulations to attain the goal of C4S project, s/he will be working with consortium members and COE’s to ensure program activities and operations are implemented in-line with the guiding S/he provides Capacity building for all aspects related to grants management of sub-grants. This requires close collaboration with CSSC Finance and Grants units to ensure compliance with USG Rules and Regulations, and other donor guidelines.
Key Responsibilities; Sub-award Administration
• Support Partners capacity to Develop subcontract and sub-grant award documents compliant with donor requirements
• Review sub awardee monthly project advance request and submit for approval and then for payment.
• Review of sub-awardee monthly project liquidation to ensure expenses are supported with appropriate documentation.
• Ensure the subs submits monthly liquidations on time to maintain efficiency of the fund’s flows.
• Support Partners capacity to administer the full cycle of sub-award management activities during project implementation.
• Participate in the sub-awardee solicitation through selection, pre-award assessments, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout.
• Support and review partners capacity to oversee budget management of projects’ sub-award pools
• To support partners to ensure that office systems for grants and contracts administration are developed and maintained and can provide regular reports
• Support partners capacity to develop and/or update their Sub-awards Manual in compliance with USG Regulations
• Support partners capacity to manage closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
• Support partners capacity to Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Support partners capacity to Reviews, analyzes, and drafts contract language to ensure they comply to all applicable donor, prime as stipulated in the contract, organization’s own policies and host government regulations
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum requirement is a bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting
• MA/MSc/master’s in business administration degree or equivalent relevant qualification not a must
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in the NGO sector within Tanzania in managing the award and administration of sub-grants funded by USAID, PEPFAR Grants or international donors.
• Experience managing sub-award design and administration
• Experience in donor funds administration
• Understanding of local contract and procurement law
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written Kiswahili and English
• Strong knowledge of donor auditing requirements and demonstrated ability to exercise financial oversight of Agreements programs.
• Demonstrated solid knowledge of USAID and other donor regulations applicable to Agreements administration.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills
• Ability of planning and time management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
• Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
• Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
• Strong understanding of budgets
• Strong analytical skills to successfully perform financial reviews and other forms of quantitative analyses.
• Effective written and oral communications skills that are essential to building relationships with donors, host country counterparts, and partner organizations.
• Ability to exercise sound business judgment to wisely prioritize and successfully perform multiple and complex tasks.
• Highly organized and able to develop and streamline systems for efficient conduct of day-to-day tasks.
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and graphic/web design. Knowledge of QuickBooks, Sun System and Navision a big plus
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.