Head of Internal Audit
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, July 23 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 11 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible to support all Finance related activities for the MFS Business including Trust account day to day control, MFS GL account’s management, Reconciliations, Accruals and analysis for financial reporting and decision making.
• Prepare monthly finance reports related to the MFS business that will provide the basis to account all the MFS actual revenue and cost for the month.
• Prepare a summary report for interoperability revenue and cost. i.e Tanzania – Rwanda transactions, MNOs – (Tigo to MNOs), Tigo Nivushe and related revenues.
• Ensures MFS financial transactions comply with international financial reporting standards (IFRS).
• Review all the MFS commissions/cost and approve payments.
• Calculate and transfer final MFS gross margin from the MFS trust account to MIC as per treasury process manual and ensure the integrity of all the associated wallets.
• Calculate and transfer all the MFS tax wallets (excise duty, input and output vat, and withholdings tax) from MFS trust account to mic in timely manner.
• Prepare memo for MFS manual adjustments on revenues and commissions as and when required.
• Reconciliation of commission accruals vs actual payments to ensure accuracy and completeness of the commission payment.
• Assist interest payment process by reconciliation of interest earned from trust accounts, wallets, GL bookings and advise the amount available for distributions after netting of all the allowed administration cost from bot.
• Assist to provide all the information required for auditor/regulators.
• Assist in the process of preparations of MFS financials.
• Ensure that all other MFS related transactions are timely and correctly posted in the GL.
• Facilitate Invoicing Process for all Tigopesa revenue Stream in alignment to the automation team.
• Prepare calculation and provide information’s invoicing purpose.
• Be a point of contact for all MFS related finance matters and participate in the process MFS product development.
• Ensure that all accounting and MFS controls as communicated from time to time are performed and formalized in all activities.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Commerce degree (or equivalent) majoring in Accounting or Finance.
• CPA/ACCA is an added advantage.
• Work experience of 2 years in Mobile finance.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and MS office packages.
• Ability to produce accurate and timely information in a highly dynamic work environment.
• Team work spirit, ability to work independently with minimum supervision and meet deadlines.
“We are committed to equal employment opportunities and unbiased treatment of all individuals in all employment practices”. Only Successful Candidates will be contacted”
Head of Internal Audit
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are interested in applying for either of these positions, kindly address your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
On the subject line, indicate the role you are applying for (eg. Head of Internal Audit).
Attach your updated CV (in PDF format).
Deadline for application is July 23rd, 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.