Health Club Supervisor
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, September 11 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan and supervise all fitness operations, ensure health club personnel offer quality fitness service and proper maintenance of the equipment, organize special events/aerobics classes in line with members’ needs, Hotel strategy, best practices and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan daily/weekly/monthly health club operations, supervise and coordinate the implementation fitness and other health club programs.
• Check the condition of the fitness equipment and ensure necessary maintenance is regularly carried out to maintain safety standards.
• Maintain high levels of hygiene of the health club facilities, swimming pool and ensure timely cleaning of the linen and sanitizing / cleaning of equipment and tools.
• Schedule health club employees according to business demands, monitor and evaluate their performance and maintain team discipline in line with the hotel policies.
• Monitor and maintain adequate inventory of health club supplies, ensure proper usage to control costs and make timely requisitions.
• Liaise with equipment suppliers to train health club employees on usage and routine maintenance of the equipment.
• Work closely with Revenue and Business Development and other Departments to come up with revenue generation strategies.
• Assess the needs of guests/members and customize packages for target clients in order to up sell Health Centre usage and Massage sessions.
• Review pricing against market trends and demand, update rates in liaison with Management and drive revenues from gym membership at the correct rates.
• Ensure renewal notices/Invoices are issued to members and all payments for services rendered at the Health Centre are receipted and accounted for.
• Handle and take appropriate action to track and resolve guest complaints or any incidents.
• Inspects the gym and swimming pool and ensure safety standards are adhered to and attendants are alert
• Minimum of a higher Diploma in the disciplines of Sports Science, Leisure & Recreation Management fitness, Hotel Management, Tourism & Hospitality Management or a related field.
• A bachelor’s degree in any of the above disciplines is an added advantage.
• A first aid and life guard certification is an added advantage.
• Three (4) years of progressive experience of health club management in at least a 4-star hotel or a busy health club, one (2) of which should have been in a supervisory role.
• Planning and Budgeting skills.
• Knowledge of principles behind excellent customer service
• Knowledge of safety standards and first aid administration.
• Entrepreneurship skills and innovativeness.
• Computer skills and ability to operate POS machines / accounting software.
• Planning, organizing skills and ability to prioritize.
• Friendly and warm demeanor.
• Proactive work style
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.