MECPZ, Programme Manager
Aga Khan FoundationDeadline of this Job:
Saturday, February 17 2024
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 06 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: MECPZ, Programme Manager
Reporting line: Programme Technical Director
The overall Purpose of the Position
• The MECPZ, Programme Manager will be responsible for the coordination, quality assurance and overall implementation of Madrasa Early Childhood programmes-Zanzibar (MECPZ) in close consultation with the Programme Technical Director. He/She will lead, mentor, and support a high-performing, multicultural and multidisciplinary team to coordinate the design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of projects and programmes to ensure that high-quality results are delivered on time, on target and on budget. As a member of the Management team, the MECPZ Programme Manager will work closely with the MECPZ Programme Technical Director and Aga Khan Foundation (AF) to ensure the alignment of programmes with the overall mandate, values, and standards of MECPZ and its partners.
• Build and maintain a broad network of external partnerships with the national government, parastatal, donors, private sector, civil society organisations and other partners.
• Support the development of quality learning and communications materials including policy briefs and case studies to inform policies, programs, and practices. This entails working in collaboration with project teams and the M&E team to develop a Performance Measurement Framework (PMF) for the new programme, operationalise all current PMF, ensure project implementation teams assume ownership of the PMF and enable M&E to be an integrated component of all project activities.
• Support resource mobilization efforts for MECPZ through the development of high-quality concept notes and proposals for funding in close consultation with the Programme Technical Director.
• Programme Management
• Leadership and Teamwork
• Design thinking, Creativity, and Innovation
• Influence and Negotiation
Required Experience and Skills
• Master's degree in Education, International Development, Economics, Business Administration, Project Planning and Management, Community Development, or any other related discipline.
• Minimum of eight years’ experience working with an International Organization or any highly reputable NGO in a similar context.
• Proven experience in managing complex and high-impact projects in partnerships with other organisations, including budgets, staff and partnerships management and capacity building.
• Excellent planning, conceptual and strategic thinking and problem- solving skilis are required.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of gender and social inclusion issues and proven experience in delivering programmes that explicitly address these inequalities.
• Knowledge and commitment to child and community safeguarding issues and proven experience in operationalising relevant policies and procedures.
• Excellent in communication, presentation, interpersonal skills and teamwork spirit, with a positive/growth mindset.
• Experience in managing culturally diverse teams and demonstrating non- discriminatory behaviours.
• Ability to operate with discretion and always maintain the confidentiality of information.
• Strong communication skills, written and oral, and fluency in English.
• Strong leadership skills with diverse competencies in an organisation, multi-tasking, critical thinking, and M&E.
• Strong ICT skills and experience operating with Microsoft and emerging new software.
Diversity, Inclusion, and safeguarding: Ensure MECP's pluralistic values are demonstrated internally, and externally, and all programming is respectful and inclusive of people from diverse backgrounds including, but not limited to, socio- economic status, religion, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, and disability.
Committed to acting ethically and upholding safeguarding standards towards all staff, volunteers, and beneficiaries of the organisation.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.